Vektor barrel?

Not sure about VEctor barrels, but VIctor barrels was one of the trademark names used by CP Donnelly of Siskiyou Gun Works, Grants Pass, OR. Is it possible that the E is actually an I?
 
Vektor, south african maker.
They are out of business now but here in Norway their mauser actions and 404 and 416 barrels are still available.
 
One Vektor 404/423 barrel has arrived.
Looks very good, H&H profile, 24,75" long and 3/4" at the muzzle.
Finnish is so good it is just to degrease and blue/brown, no more ploishing required.

Now waiting for a winchester m70 left handed action to arrive.
 
20171202_095631.jpg

Getting pits and pices for the project.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Winny left hand is the only rifle left on my bucket list ... as a fellow lefty I understand the difficulty to put a LH custom together ... keep us posted
 
Looking good, when do you expect to complete the Gunsmithing and assemble the rifle?
 
Good question! I have no real hurry, it will not be ready anyway for my planned buff (August, 8 months to go)
As a start I am planing to have the barrel installed and chambered, mounted in the stock and shot it to see if any work is needed for magazine and feed ramp. I do not really expect that.

This will not be fancy walnut deep blue steel custom; cerakote, laminated stock, good open sights and steel weaver style qr mounts.
Trying to buy a Boyds Platinium stock, but seems difficult since they do not want to export one. Maybe somone can help me out?

Also wondering about a 2nd recoil lug, do I really need one for a 404? Or will a proper bedding and crossbolts do the job?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,440
Messages
1,576,394
Members
170,574
Latest member
VerenaMore
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top