Vektor barrel?

Not sure about VEctor barrels, but VIctor barrels was one of the trademark names used by CP Donnelly of Siskiyou Gun Works, Grants Pass, OR. Is it possible that the E is actually an I?

Vektor, south african maker.
They are out of business now but here in Norway their mauser actions and 404 and 416 barrels are still available.

One Vektor 404/423 barrel has arrived.
Looks very good, H&H profile, 24,75" long and 3/4" at the muzzle.
Finnish is so good it is just to degrease and blue/brown, no more ploishing required.

Now waiting for a winchester m70 left handed action to arrive.

20171202_095631.jpg

Getting pits and pices for the project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Winny left hand is the only rifle left on my bucket list ... as a fellow lefty I understand the difficulty to put a LH custom together ... keep us posted

Looking good, when do you expect to complete the Gunsmithing and assemble the rifle?

Good question! I have no real hurry, it will not be ready anyway for my planned buff (August, 8 months to go)
As a start I am planing to have the barrel installed and chambered, mounted in the stock and shot it to see if any work is needed for magazine and feed ramp. I do not really expect that.

This will not be fancy walnut deep blue steel custom; cerakote, laminated stock, good open sights and steel weaver style qr mounts.
Trying to buy a Boyds Platinium stock, but seems difficult since they do not want to export one. Maybe somone can help me out?

Also wondering about a 2nd recoil lug, do I really need one for a 404? Or will a proper bedding and crossbolts do the job?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,