Vehicle Gun Mount

WAB

AH ambassador
Joined
Oct 8, 2015
Messages
10,054
Reaction score
40,726
Location
Alabama
Media
152
Hunting reports
Africa
5
USA/Canada
3
Europe
2
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I want a mount for a suppressed AR in my ‘69 FJ40. I need fast access as it is my work vehicle on the farm. However, it has to lock as I take the rig into town. It’s an open platform. Thoughts?

IMG_4238.jpeg
 
https://www.gunmount.com/products/locking-ar-rifle-mount-universal-holder

Lots of options like this out there… very common for law enforcement…

Google “police ar15 car mount”… there are probably 2 dozen manufacturers with different locking systems, different mounting systems, etc…

I always preferred vertical between the seats for easy and rapid access… but that might not be practical depending on where the gear shifter is located, and whether or not you minding it being that obvious to any passerby…
 
Not sure that it matters which mount you use. In some parts of Alabama folks are respectful and no one will bother your rifle. And in the other parts, they'll just steal the entire truck!
 
I always preferred vertical between the seats for easy and rapid access… but that might not be practical depending on where the gear shifter is located, and whether or not you minding it being that obvious to any passerby
I wish it was legal to carry a rifle like that, in a car, in Europe... :E Crying:
 
I’ve used the old military mount for the m14 in my K5 blazer.
I think I even bought a spare I’ll need to go look and get a photo. About as basic as it could get but functional.
 
Another question. How is the suppressor attached to the barrel? Meaning if the rifle is secured inside the mount, what’s keeping someone from unscrewing the suppressor?

Probably best to keep the suppressor off and secured in a lockable console and only attach it when you are not “in town”.
 
Not sure that it matters which mount you use. In some parts of Alabama folks are respectful and no one will bother your rifle. And in the other parts, they'll just steal the entire truck!

The segment of the population who can operate a ‘three on the tree’ tend to live on the honest side of the tracks!
 
I want a mount for a suppressed AR in my ‘69 FJ40. I need fast access as it is my work vehicle on the farm. However, it has to lock as I take the rig into town. It’s an open platform. Thoughts?

View attachment 766505
What are you wanting to moubt it on? Id suggest an armageddon gear bag on a bar or door..

Other option get a tripod clamp like hog saddle or rss amd mount it how you see fit.

Also https://www.eagleyehg.com.au/dealer...est-racken-rest-3-universal-fit-gun-rack.html

Personally id go for armageddon gear game changer bag and mount on rifle itself or to truck.

Worst case get good at shooting sling offhand.
 
Another question. How is the suppressor attached to the barrel? Meaning if the rifle is secured inside the mount, what’s keeping someone from unscrewing the suppressor?

Probably best to keep the suppressor off and secured in a lockable console and only attach it when you are not “in town”.
For what its worth, the linked mount provided in my prior post has an option for guns with suppressors mounted that protects the suppressor and puts a band around it that would make it difficult to detach from the gun easily or quickly.

the mount can be placed between the seats (like I prefer for rapid access and control while in the vehicle) or can be mounted behind the seats to create more space.
 
For what its worth, the linked mount provided in my prior post has an option for guns with suppressors mounted that protects the suppressor and puts a band around it that would make it difficult to detach from the gun easily or quickly.

the mount can be placed between the seats (like I prefer for rapid access and control while in the vehicle) or can be mounted behind the seats to create more space.
For what its worth, the linked mount provided in my prior post has an option for guns with suppressors mounted that protects the suppressor and puts a band around it that would make it difficult to detach from the gun easily or quickly.

the mount can be placed between the seats (like I prefer for rapid access and control while in the vehicle) or can be mounted behind the seats to create more space.

Thanks. It looks like the right solution for my application.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,407
Messages
1,575,259
Members
170,239
Latest member
Jon66J1482
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top