AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD,CA) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
I just read where the US Senate is holding hearings to explore directing the USFWS to set up a CWD taskforce. I'm not real sure how I feel about that.

CWD is an epidemic in slow motion. It's already too late. Look at a map of affected areas in North America. NOTHING will stop it. Natural resistance developed after several generations of survivors has a reasonable chance of diminishing the impact somewhat, but a decade or two from now, people will find very few mature bucks, or old does for that matter. Deer and elk populations will decline from what we currently enjoy. Our mule deer herd in Saskatchewan is less than half what it was before the disease took hold. Kinda depressing.

Typical bureaucratic ignorance, incompetance and inefficiency. A day and a dollar short. If they were hoping to achieve anything positive, they should have jumped on the problem as soon as it surfaced. But in all reality, it was already too late. CWD had too big a foothold before it was discovered and there was and is no viable means to curtail it. The full extent of its area is unknown and new examples crop up daily. Theoretically, about the only way to eradicate CWD is to hope nature takes its course by wildlife developing a natural resistance to it. Hopefully, this will happen before species are killed off by the disease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northerngos

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.