AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
If you're planning to travel internationally and need a new passport or renewal make sure to allow for enough time.

Something to keep in mind is that many countries also require that a passport be valid for six months after your planned departure date from their country and some also require that you have two to three blank pages in your passport.

Last edited:

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
On my fourth passport with 9 years left on the current one. With my age, that will quite likely take care of me.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Sent my old passport in April 1st and got it back in late May. So about 7 weeks for me. I also recently went to the state OMV office and upgraded my driver's license to a "Real ID."

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA
My daughters came back in only a matter of 2-3 weeks (May/2021), we did my son’s a couple of weeks ago, they predicted November arrival. Geez…. Who knows?!???

TNDave

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I’m good for another seven years, by then will probably be too dang old to go anywhere.

sureshot375

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I should be in the Bahamas right now. Was planning to go with my girlfriend and her two kids. The kids needed passports. We applied months ago, but there was a last minute problem with one of the kid’s applications. We spent about a week trying to get it sorted out. Holding on the phone for many hours. Calling congressmen. In the end still no passport. The agency is totally overwhelmed.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
I'm in Delaware and got my Global Entry renewed online last year. My neighbor had to drive to Newark Int'l. Airport for his to renew. No more renewals by Zoom interviews or at Philly airport..

flatwater bill

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
Jerome..........thanks for the heads up info. It is especially important for hunters to be aware of the 6 months and blank pages rules. While The two US Embassies with which I am most familiar, haven't done a day's work in the last 15 months. They have milked the Covid crisis like a Holstein Cow. Staying home, pocketing their pay, but processing no applications. It is no wonder things have fallen behind. That shouldn't affect the USA, where in DC all the Govt. workers are hard charging self starters....but it has had a big impact on international visitors to the USA. I have encouraged two friends that want to hunt Africa with me in 22 to apply now.....................FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MilanWou9

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

john corry wrote on Alexandro Faria's profile.
Hi,
I remembered you mentioned a dealer in Gauteng regarding a Rigby 350? May I ask who that is? I’m a collector of rigby rifles. Many thanks. John
I am alive and trying to find some hard-to-find reloading dies in .475 #2 (not Jeffreys)
Hi, I’m going on a Leopard & Lion hunt, I’m taking my 338 Blaser mag loaded with 225gr Nosler Accubond moving at 2850ft/s. Will the Nosler Accubond be an excellent bullet on this leopard & lion? Thanks
raamw wrote on MShort's profile.
I have an as new M70 right hand with standard wood of excellent graining and a winchester synthetic
Looking for a 358 Norma Mag.