Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, IBO,
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, and USA
Just sent my paperwork to my receiving agent giving them permission to pick up my families trophies from Customs, little relieved to have them on US soil. 24 trophies between 4 hunters. With a little luck we may have a few at the house before we leave in August for the East Cape..... I am beyond excited......

That’s good news! I can only imagine the frustration/nerves of waiting for them to get through that whole process. I hope to be worried about that in the not too distant future.

It is always comforting to get your trophies on U.S. soil, was the shipping cost outrageous? lookin for a shipment soon and scared to death of the sticker shock.

Congrats! I understand your relief! I'm still waiting on a shipment from RSA and Namibia!!

It is always comforting to get your trophies on U.S. soil, was the shipping cost outrageous? lookin for a shipment soon and scared to death of the sticker shock.
shipping on Father in law so not sure yet....will let you know....

Always nerve racking until trophies are released! Congratulations.

i hope all those trophies are in a separate box with separate paperwork for each hunter. If not, you may not get them.

i hope all those trophies are in a separate box with separate paperwork for each hunter. If not, you may not get them.
all separate as well as paperwork.

Was I mistaken,I thought you could combine family members in a box. I’ve never tried but wouldn’t chance it.

Was I mistaken,I thought you could combine family members in a box. I’ve never tried but wouldn’t chance it.
NO! It's not customs, it's a F&W regulation, AFAIK.

no Father in law and adult step son separate shipping my 10 year olds trophies listed as mine in one box....

Just received my cites import permit for my leopard in the mail today!!!!
I took my beautiful leopard on the Drummond Ranch on August 2, 2021 While hunting with Wayne Van Den Bergh.
All relevant info was uploaded to FWS on Sept 27 and the permit was received on March 1, 2022. I used Conservation Force to manage this process and I’m very happy I did. These permits will only get more difficult in the future and using their experience and expertise is a big plus.
now just waiting for Maple Freight to organize the shipment. Tom at Trophy Shippers is in control on this end. I’ll rest easier when my cat is in the US but for now I’m very happy.

taxidermist now has our trophies, cost was 1,145.97 for 2 pkgs with a total weight of 277 kgs now for the fun part. operation was handled AFG on the Africa side and Genus logistics on this side, very pleased with the service provided by both companies. this was only the cost of my youngest sons and my trophies 13 in total...that is genus's charge only .

US Customs require a single named consignee per each cargo piece which means trophies from different individuals must not be packed together in one crate. There must be one hunter's name on the hunting licence, all export documentation and on the waybill. So if trophies are found in a crate labelled with a different name, or not listed on the named hunter's documentation, the whole trophy consignment may be impounded, returned to the country of origin (at the hunter's expense) or destroyed. All hunters involved may be held legally responsible for submitting false or fraudulent information. The only exception is that hunters who are 18 years or younger are allowed to include their trophies in their parent's crate.

Swine don’t need cites tags. But must go to a USDA approved taxidermy shop. Blue duiker and crocodile need cites tags, bontebok also. If hunting in RSA a lot of species need TOPS permit but your outfitter should handle them.

Primates, swine, leopard for starters, I believe.

So baboons do?

Swine don’t need cites tags. But must go to a USDA approved taxidermy shop. Blue duiker and crocodile need cites tags, bontebok also. If hunting in RSA a lot of species need TOPS permit but your outfitter should handle them.

If you're bringing back a finished euro though, it shouldn't matter, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.