AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Exemption under ITAR and application for DSP73 for US citizens transporting hunting rifles to Zimbabwe

PLEASE NOTE AND PRINT OUT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE DURING THE SEASON:

US Travel Advisory states:
U.S. citizens who are temporarily carrying firearms and ammunition into Zimbabwe for purposes of hunting, and who cannot qualify for an exemption under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), may need an approved temporary export licence (DSP73) from Department of State's Office of Defence Trade Controls.

Safaris Operators Association of Zimbabwe (SOAZ) have contacted the U.S. Embassy in Harare, who have made enquiries and they advise the following:
According to the State Department in Washington, no license is required for U.S. hunters coming to Zimbabwe who are carrying no more than 3 non automatic firearms and no more than 1000 cartridges. They have to carry the firearms in their luggage (no mailing ahead) and declare to customs that the firearms are for their personal use.

Yours sincerely
Sally Bown
Admin. Officer
SOAZ/ZPHGA

Source: Safaris Operators Association of Zimbabwe (SOAZ)/Zimbabwe Professional Hunters & Guides Association (ZPHGA)

It would be great if SOAZ had a scanned copy of the return letter for the hunters to drag along with them.
We all know how well information is disseminated to the front lines.

Well if the libtards ever get the UN SMALL ARMS TREATY signed and ratified things will really get interesting! I think the chances are small because two thirds of the states would have to sign on but its not impossible that it could happen and this administration is actively pushing it via Hillary Clinton as Sec of State. She and Obama would be quite pleased to get this passed.

Well if the libtards ever get the UN SMALL ARMS TREATY signed and ratified things will really get interesting! I think the chances are small because two thirds of the states would have to sign on but its not impossible that it could happen and this administration is actively pushing it via Hillary Clinton as Sec of State. She and Obama would be quite pleased to get this passed.

+1, I won't get on my soapbox.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois