Unusual find

This is a collectors item.
It is from the early days af Norma, the company was located in Norway.
Do not touch it.
Find the right collector and sell it for a good price.
Or keep it .... and become a collector!

HWL
 
IMG_8566.jpg

The more modern incarnation - Norma Oryx. Less roundnosed but still 156gr. I use them as a bushveld round in my 6.5 Swede. Superbly accurate at 2500 ft/s.

I wonder if those old bullets are bonded?
 
Lots of good leads/suspects here.

I'd definitely shortlist the finalists to:

6.5 Mannlicher
6.5x55 swede
6.5 Dutch (is that 6.5x53mm?) the one for M95 rifles that require a clip
256 Gibbs (the British dude, not the American)
256 Rimless (the British one)
Wasn't there a 256 / 6.5 that ended in "Hungarian"?

***Take note, I'm foggy on whether any of the two above are the same thing in Metric versus Anglo speak as its been awhile since I've owned them.
 
I used to shoot a similar or identical bullet in my 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser. I probably have a box or two of old Norma ammo with 156 gr. round nose bullets.
 
Oryx is the first bonded bullet by Norma , and in some calibers they are good,.,6,5 , and so . But in some calibers and speeds they are not so good sadly .
 
.318 diameter bullets of similar vintage

20230718_165135.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oryx is the first bonded bullet by Norma , and in some calibers they are good,.,6,5 , and so . But in some calibers and speeds they are not so good sadly .

Can you enlighten us a bit on your experience with Norma Oryx for these other calibers? 300 WM?
 
Can you enlighten us a bit on your experience with Norma Oryx for these other calibers? 300 WM?
.358 Norma Mag 250 grain. Downloaded to 750 ms first batch bullets shot good,and ruined little . For roe deer and such it was.,only rifle i had then.

Then newer ammo fl 250 loaded on roe deer, moose on 50 meters looked like detonated ,splintered,brittle not good . Lot of ruin. Not tried it in .300 Win Mag .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,126
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top