Uk Trophy Ban news

I'm not accusing anyone here of being lazy or pathetic, not at all, but the hunting community worldwide has an issue of being apathetic towards anything that doesn't affect their style of hunting until it's too late. The amount of ignorance towards hunting in Africa I've seen from foreigners is frankly shocking.
100%

Do not want to be a doomsayer but this is awful news. It will probably trigger an response in Europe and more countries will follow suit..
Not necessarily.
UK tried to push ban on pistols and semi auto rifles in EU fire arm directive, before brexit. It did not pass.

This was official EU policy on trophy hunting - few years ago.

Continental europe has strong hunting tradition and something like this in UK, will not happen easily in EU.
All european countries are also hunting countries, etc
But I agree, that this is an awful news. A step forward to Kenya sindrome.

Those of us in the uk who travel internationally to hunt and may want to import trophy's are seen as a minority by the hunting and shooting organisations here. They are happy to throw us under the bus in the mistaken belief the anti's will now give up once the import ban is in place and disappear.

I wonder if they will next ban the export of UK trophies to other countries? Roe, Muntjack, Stag, CWD, fallow, etc? And if not, why not?

Although British deer stalkers have little time for trophy hunting,.

This is the how one of our leading shooting organisations leads an article on cic trophy measurements.

Hi Mark Hunter,
You asked about UK exports, allegedly they are excluded at the moment, but the anti's most definitely want this included, won't be that difficult to add in an during drawing up the legislation.!!

We should also remember that the UK banned travel to and from South Africa only to reverse it. This was just two weeks ago, my friends. The Tories are trying everything to be taken seriously no matter the cost. Biggest clownshow in world politics today.

This is brilliant idea to save animals... don't let there dead bodies be imported. Well, now that $10k for taxidermy and shipping is going to be used to shoot more animals. Corporate transport companies/government import taxes = 0....... Hunting guides = 1

I read somewhere that in a Govt. poll, 40% of Brits declared that an animal´s life is worth the same as a human´s.

Scary...

I got a response from one in UK

Who said this is a Suggestion from DEFRA and that has to go to and fro Parliament, House of Lords,House of Commons. And much debate. Michael Gove said that this will destroy Africa.

But there is a all different aspect here, like the Mra Johnson putting import of dogs and other stray animals above people. Like hundreds of the Afghan refugees,and some of them arw by now killed and worse.

Carrie and her folks are being questioned about have the UK gone so bonkers that they are puttibg animals above people . Aswell as the other scandals Johnson is into, its much on the pendulum now in his own party .

But in HOL there is huge support of hunting and rural life, so it will be lot of troubles to push it through there.

He also said ,dont panic about it .

I got a response from one in UK

Who said this is a Suggestion from DEFRA and that has to go to and fro Parliament, House of Lords,House of Commons. And much debate. Michael Gove said that this will destroy Africa.

But there is a all different aspect here, like the Mra Johnson putting import of dogs and other stray animals above people. Like hundreds of the Afghan refugees,and some of them arw by now killed and worse.

Carrie and her folks are being questioned about have the UK gone so bonkers that they are puttibg animals above people . Aswell as the other scandals Johnson is into, its much on the pendulum now in his own party .

But in HOL there is huge support of hunting and rural life, so it will be lot of troubles to push it through there.

He also said ,dont panic about it .
Yes, still to go through the Lords.

The driving force behind this from the beginning was his then girlfriend (now wife) Carrie Symonds and her decadent houseboyfriend, the no-good billionaire son Goldsmith.
Passionate vegetarians on the side (Hitler was too ).

The UK. Yet another liberal s___hole that I will no longer visit or purchase goods from....

Yes sir. But I think also France bans some species as for example lion
Yes. There are some iconic species of Africa, which may be specially treated by each country regulations - espeically in post-Cecil World..

However, implementing total blanket ban on all species, and ignoring all CITES regulations, is another matter, so I have doubts this will pass in EU.
UK has a history of such blanket bans, (for example: ban on all pistols, although pistol is international Olympic ISSF discipline), so this trophy import blanket ban may actually pass in UK, but other EU countries still look more sensible - where I am referring to my previous link.
Historically looking in UK, the ban on traditional fox hunting with dogs, shows also determination and mindset in UK, to cut away tradition, as well. There is no issue on legal radical moves, there. I consider myself an anglofil . I love british humor, culture, pubs, beer, rock bands. So this matter makes me sad, indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!