Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
Nothing
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...-sa-land-expropriation-farm-killings-20180823

"I have asked Secretary of State @SecPompeo to closely study the South Africa land and farm seizures and expropriations and the large scale killing of farmers. South African Government is now seizing land from white farmers," Trump tweeted.

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 8.23.18 AM.png

I guess someone passed on the message.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching Fox news last night (8/22) and Tucker Carlson talked about 3-4 minutes on this subject too. So it's starting to get a bit of air time in the US. Starts about 23:50

Any of us that will be or may be booked in S.A. next year need to find some way (if possible) of guaranteeing our deposits. I for one have no idea of how to do so.

Any of us that will be or may be booked in S.A. next year need to find some way (if possible) of guaranteeing our deposits. I for one have no idea of how to do so.

Alot of trust in who you send your deposit to. The solution that comes to my mind is a contract with a clause added. but even then will that be worth the paper it is written on? Or even bigger concern is what happens if they try to take over while you are there hunting? I am taking my wife and to young kids over next year. It has me concerned a little but I also know that the guys I am hunting with would never put my kids in harms way. One of them is my kids adopted South African uncle lol. Hopefully nothing comes of this but I see the hunting industry over there taking a big financial hit due to the circumstances.

I was watching Fox news last night (8/22) and Tucker Carlson talked about 3-4 minutes on this subject too. So it's starting to get a bit of air time in the US. Starts about 23:50

I did also. Tucker has had several segments on this. Where is that BUM Obama on this? He called him a great leader with vision. Guess he went to the same school as Obama. OUT WITH THE TRASH!

Alot of trust in who you send your deposit to. The solution that comes to my mind is a contract with a clause added. but even then will that be worth the paper it is written on? Or even bigger concern is what happens if they try to take over while you are there hunting? I am taking my wife and to young kids over next year. It has me concerned a little but I also know that the guys I am hunting with would never put my kids in harms way. One of them is my kids adopted South African uncle lol. Hopefully nothing comes of this but I see the hunting industry over there taking a big financial hit due to the circumstances.
For a first time hunter with no connections or ties to any countries in Africa , I have to say the more this unravels the more unsettling it makes me feel. I don’t think an outfitter will be able to convince me otherwise especially when our US president is publicly commenting on the issue. Regrettably I’m glad I’m haven’t I sent any funds over for a deposit yet.

Bookings from the U.S. are down and its not only because of this. As I stated in another thread we may be the last generation to enjoy hunting in Africa. Sad state of affairs there.

For a first time hunter with no connections or ties to any countries in Africa , I have to say the more this unravels the more unsettling it makes me feel. I don’t think an outfitter will be able to convince me otherwise especially when our US president is publicly commenting on the issue. Regrettably I’m glad I’m haven’t I sent any funds over for a deposit yet.
I think your overreacting at this present time. The situation is not dire at least not yet. If you plan to hunt SA I would do it sooner than later.

If this becomes widespread across the country, and even if the new owners managed it well and had ridiculously cheap hunts, I'd never visit SA.

I've found it ironic that the same people who normally argue for equality I've observed celebrating all of this with the mantra of "see how you like it". To me that speaks volumes of their true belief in equality.

This situation may lead to a civil war. I would think there will be economic sanctions applied.
And the future fir hunting is .....??
I doubt Trumps tweet would cause a civil war. I do believe if he stays in office without impeachment or worse, that he could keep the situation from proceeding. Who knows? At least one leader mentioned it in the last 20 years. The last moron who let Zimbabwe proceed didn't care one bit. As for your deposits, I would just talk to your outfitter if you are worried.

I think your overreacting at this present time. The situation is not dire at least not yet. If you plan to hunt SA I would do it sooner than later.
sooner cant happen. i have funds and vacation time devoted to other hunts for 2018/2019. earliest i will be able to hunt is 2020. so i will wait and see what happens, but i wont be sending anyone any deposits for sure.

I do know from talking to my friend and his friends there are alot of people starting to pack thier bags. So it may nto be that bad yet but they seem to feel it will get that bad pretty quickly.

Time to venture out of SA. Next stop for me ( I think) is Burkina Faso.
funny you mention Burkina Faso . i was just watching a hunting show last night taking place there

I personally would be looking for deals as they come. Now is the time to go to South Africa as it is much better value than it was 10 years ago. Just make arrangements and talk to members here for verification.

I am a South African farmer and the redistribution of land is something all third world countries have to address eventually. Whether that process will be fair or sustainable remains to be seen.

Here is the result of the latest meeting between our agricultural forum and the ANC: https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...hts-in-historic-meeting-with-agrisa-20180821?

Who knows what to the future holds but as a very involved participant (we own five commercial farms) I can state that there is no current danger of civil war and our (mostly peaceful and normal) population would not be stirred to such madness by a president who tweets whatever comes to mind anyway.

Those twitter idiots who advocate land invasions and bloodshed are keyboard warriors who won’t put their smart phones or burgers down for long enough to stir their overweight backsides into action.

Pay no mind, your deposits are as safe as they were last month.

funny you mention Burkina Faso . i was just watching a hunting show last night taking place there
Spoke to a fellow member just last night. Were trying to put together a hunt there in 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg