Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
President Trump's 'Nambia' remarks at U.N. prompt Twitter scorn

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/09/21/president-trump-nambia/688012001/

President Trump referred to a nonexistent country at a luncheon with African leaders during the U.N. General Assembly on Wednesday — and Twitter wasn’t having it.

Trump spoke of “Nambia” in his opening remarks, before saying “Nambia’s health system is increasingly self-sufficient” during the event, at the Palace Hotel in New York.

"Nambia" doesn't exist — the name appeared to be a merger of Namibia in southwestern Africa and Zambia, located to the northeast of Namibia. Gambia, in west Africa, was also a contender.

A White House transcript later clarified that Trump had in fact been referring to Namibia.

Yes, a mispronunciation to be sure, but at least he knows there are only 50 states here at home rather than the 57 Obama said he'd visited.

Only reason the last president didn't mess up pronunciation of African countries is because he was from Kenya!

I can't say too much I mispronounced it for quite some time. Then when I actually met people who hunted in Africa, I quickly learned the error in my ways.

"Southwest Africa" was so much easier:) The old days.......

Whether Trump knows that much of the road construction work is done by North Koreans and the Independence Museum in Windhoek was built by a North Korean company without a single local worker, despite high unemployment in Namibia.............................................

Last edited:
I know a fair few people right here in Zambia who can't say Namibia. A good PH friend of mine calls it Nanibia all the time, and he lives right by the border and goes there frequently.

This Trump fellow gets a lot of bad press, I don't follow US politics so dont have an informed opinion to share, but he's clearly done something right to get where he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildwillalaska

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.