Trophy shipping costs

I have a crate being shipped the next week or so from SBS. 6 shoulder and one full body (duiker) They have been EXTREMELY easy to work with. 52" x 39" x 51" 104 kgs --- Don't have full total yet, but yes it adds significant cost to the trip.
That’s close to what I’m having shipped in a few month how much was your quote, haha so I don’t get sticker shock

I have a crate being shipped the next week or so from SBS. 6 shoulder and one full body (duiker) They have been EXTREMELY easy to work with. 52" x 39" x 51" 104 kgs --- Don't have full total yet, but yes it adds significant cost to the trip.
lets see how close on the shipping cost will be, I say 1400 to Chicago

I have a newbie question here. You have to pay to ship your trophies and then pay an agent to get those trophies through customs? And this includes finished taxidermy?
I am not sure your question was answered clearly. There will be three separate charges for your animals, a taxidermy bill, a separate export freight bill, and an importation bill. Taxidermy bill amount will depend on how you have your mounts down, export cost will be different if you use ocean transport or fly them, and import cost can be impacted by storage fees before you have them delivered or pick them up. Hope this helps.

I am not sure your question was answered clearly. There will be three separate charges for your animals, a taxidermy bill, a separate export freight bill, and an importation bill. Taxidermy bill amount will depend on how you have your mounts down, export cost will be different if you use ocean transport or fly them, and import cost can be impacted by storage fees before you have them delivered or pick them up. Hope this helps.
So what does an import agent do? Make sure he's there with the correct paperwork when the trophies arrive so that he can pick them up ASAP with minimal airline storage fees?

So what does an import agent do? Make sure he's there with the correct paperwork when the trophies arrive so that he can pick them up ASAP with minimal airline storage fees?

Pretty much, plus depending on the agent he'll take care of everything to get the trophies to you.

My agent takes care of everything from the time that the animal hits the skinning shed until they are either sitting at my taxidermist of choice or in the case of my last safari sitting on my front door step.

As for paperwork, you would be surprised at how many operators in South Africa and Africa in general make a simple mistake on the paperwork that will throw a monkey wrench into your shipment. A qualified agent will catch this and get it taken care of to eliminate any delay.

Right now I am waiting on a crate with three shoulder mounts, one that includes a warthog. My agent has a USDA certified warehouse where it will be inspected and then shipped to me without having to go to another point here in the US to be inspected. They also wait until they have a number of crates and then work with the shipping agents to lower cost for us on the receiving end.

They cost a little bit more than others do but in my mind they do so much more.

Dims: 247 x 125 x 139 Scale: 293 Kg Vol: 715 kg
Dims: 247 x 126 x 131 Scale: 296 Kg Vol: 679 kg

1- Buff with pedestal
1- Eland with pedestal
1- Sable with pedestalsl
1- Waterbuck
1- Black Impala
1- Common Impala
1- Kudu
1- Black WB
1- Blue WB
1- Red hartebeest
1-Gemsbok
1- Springbok
1- Blesbok
1- Warthog
1- Zebra Flat skin

Quote on shipping:

Air $12,820.26
Sea $7,523.61

It is coming by sea... hopefully we are on the downhill side of things.

My im
Pretty much, plus depending on the agent he'll take care of everything to get the trophies to you.

My agent takes care of everything from the time that the animal hits the skinning shed until they are either sitting at my taxidermist of choice or in the case of my last safari sitting on my front door step.

As for paperwork, you would be surprised at how many operators in South Africa and Africa in general make a simple mistake on the paperwork that will throw a monkey wrench into your shipment. A qualified agent will catch this and get it taken care of to eliminate any delay.

Right now I am waiting on a crate with three shoulder mounts, one that includes a warthog. My agent has a USDA certified warehouse where it will be inspected and then shipped to me without having to go to another point here in the US to be inspected. They also wait until they have a number of crates and then work with the shipping agents to lower cost for us on the receiving end.

They cost a little bit more than others do but in my mind they do so much more

My import agent actually found a slight error in my name on the paperwork done by the taxidermist. Something that I may have thought nothing of, but potentially could have caused big issues upon arrival.
Probably saved me a bunch of money and headaches!

Dims: 247 x 125 x 139 Scale: 293 Kg Vol: 715 kg
Dims: 247 x 126 x 131 Scale: 296 Kg Vol: 679 kg

1- Buff with pedestal
1- Eland with pedestal
1- Sable with pedestalsl
1- Waterbuck
1- Black Impala
1- Common Impala
1- Kudu
1- Black WB
1- Blue WB
1- Red hartebeest
1-Gemsbok
1- Springbok
1- Blesbok
1- Warthog
1- Zebra Flat skin

Quote on shipping:

Air $12,820.26
Sea $7,523.61

It is coming by sea... hopefully we are on the downhill side of things.

That's a better rate than I had in March '22, or what others have posted since then. Hopefully it is indeed on the downside of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!