Trophy import brokers

yhc

AH fanatic
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Messages
527
Reaction score
972
Location
Alaska
Media
24
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, Germany, Austria, South Africa
My trophies from last month’s safari are now @LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY. They are projecting 6-8 months completion time.

Prior to heading to South Africa, I have spoken with a few trophy import brokers. From those conversations I was able to narrow down my choices to Coppersmith and Trophy Shippers. Before I finalize my broker selection I wanted to see whether some of you might have experiences dealing with BOTH and if so I hitch company you prefer.

Since Trophy Shippers is a sponsor here so I see more mention of them vs. Coppersmith. Your unbiased, first hand feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
 
Following... I am soon to be in this boat, though mine are just going the dip and pack route; taxidermy is being done at home here in Alaska.
 
Sorry, I have not used both companies, but was very impressed with the service and communication of the one I did use. ( He literally called me as I was leaving airport on my return trip to let me know he had started the ball rolling)
 
My trophies from last month’s safari are now @LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY. They are projecting 6-8 months completion time.

Prior to heading to South Africa, I have spoken with a few trophy import brokers. From those conversations I was able to narrow down my choices to Coppersmith and Trophy Shippers. Before I finalize my broker selection I wanted to see whether some of you might have experiences dealing with BOTH and if so I hitch company you prefer.

Since Trophy Shippers is a sponsor here so I see more mention of them vs. Coppersmith. Your unbiased, first hand feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
We used Coppersmith and had a great experience. Tammy communicated frequently and helped us through the process. I would use them again.
 
I’ve used both.

I have found @TROPHY SHIPPERS to be less expensive and easier to work with. Tom gives great personalized service and is just a great guy in general.

Im headed out on another Africa hunt next month. For me it’s a no brainer... @TROPHY SHIPPERS is who I’ll be using again on this trip
 
Thank you for your input everyone.

@wipartimer, just curious as to whether it was Trophy Shippers or Coppersmith that you have used?

Regards,
 
It was Trophy shippers. The only reason I didn't name them was because you wanted input from people that had used both. I have heard great things about Coppersmith as well, but with the customer service I've gotten from Tom at Trophy Shippers, I've never felt the desire to look elsewhere.
 
I’ve used coppersmiths in the past with good results including leopard and elephant Cites clearance. This time I am using Trophy Shippers as they are a sponsor here and highly thought of by AH members. I am sure you couldn’t go wrong either way.
 
Thank you all for the nice messages! We can only do our part if you do yours (good aim is appreciated)!

YHC, I believe I spoke with you this past week on the phone. Your trophies are in good hands with Life Form! Should you have any questions or concerns in the next several months please reach out to me at any time. We would love the opportunity to work with you and get your trophies home!

Best Regards,

Tom
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,397
Messages
1,575,000
Members
170,210
Latest member
JanisPalma
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top