DmacD

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, U.S.A., Namibia, England, South Africa
Just a follow up to my hunt with Kowas in May of last year, the trophies have arrived and now hang in my home. I navigated through Canada Customs in Toronto myself, opting to not use a broker. Partly to keep the costs down, and partly to say that I did it myself. It was surprisingly painless, just a little time consuming.
On the wall, Kudu, Oryx, and Red Hartebeest which were mounted in Namibia and sent to me. I also recieved my Springbuck and Warthog skulls, and am still deciding on what to do with them.
DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

Nice, congrats !

They look good. Congrats on getting them home!

Congratulations on receiving your great looking trophies. The quality is outstanding. I leave for Kowas on Monday. Could I ask if you used the Kowas recommended Namibian taxidermist? Thanks.....

Congrats on getting them home and on the wall!

The European mounts look great!

Nice! I’m envious! My 2017 & 2018 trophies are ready for shipment. And so am I for my 2019 hunt:ROFLMAO::LOL::D!

Congratulations on receiving your great looking trophies. The quality is outstanding. I leave for Kowas on Monday. Could I ask if you used the Kowas recommended Namibian taxidermist? Thanks.....
Hi Chuck,
I used Trophaendienste Namibia, which were the people reccomended to me by Kowas. They were located between Kowas home property and the airport. There is a little gift shop on site too which had a few souvenirs for my wife and I to purchase before we left.
I only had euro mounts and 2 skulls bleached, so nothing too complicated. The mounts look good, and came wrapped up properly so that nothing was broken. I chose this partly to keep it simple, and partly because of my budget, as the more work that is done, the more it would have cost. I am happy with the work they did for my needs. Someone who has been on many safaris, or who is trying to build a museum quality trophy room may want to just have their trophies dried and sent home to someone they know to do the mounting. The trophies I saw there that were done for other customers, as in a whole shoulder mount, looked good to me, but I am in no way an expert. This was my first safari, done with a specific budget, so I am happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobbinYocu

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.