Trigger question

From what I've read I am guessing that there are three types of triggers that have been used on the Rem 700. The first was on the rifle from its introduction in 1962 until some date- I know not. Trigger number 2 is the one that had issues. How it differed from the first one - I know not. It was replaced by the third variation which has evidently satisfied the ambulance chasers but does little as an aid to the shooter. If this information is correct and anyone has the approximate dates of the changes; I'd appreciate learning. and of course if the information is wrong or there were further variations, I'd like to hear the correct information.
I think the dates for the suspect trigger (2nd) variation) are 2007 to 2014. Mine is the 3rd variation. I was just wanting to upgrade to get a crisper pull. I do not have any huge issues with accuracy, but want to refine my results if I could.

Beauty of the 700 is excellent triggers are near drop in. Jewell, Trigger tech, Timney, and a host more of others are excellent. I moved my 'hunting' 700s to trigger techs due to their roller design which makes it near impervious to dust or debris. I've shot a lot of lighter fluid in triggers after dusty days in the field. That, and field adjustable with audible clicks to the weight you want. Still use Jewells on my bench 700 actions.
No real reason to have a gunsmith modify a 700 trigger when so many fantastic options are drop ins.

I think I have narrowed it down to Triggertech or Timney. There are a couple of Triggertechs. The "Primary" and "Special." Also, they have the option of with or without bolt stop. Anyone with experience or opinions?

I think I have narrowed it down to Triggertech or Timney. There are a couple of Triggertechs. The "Primary" and "Special." Also, they have the option of with or without bolt stop. Anyone with experience or opinions?

I believe the special has a lower potential weight setting, or more broad. I have the Primary on my rifles.
For bolt release, if you have the factory bolt release and not the milled side stop, you will want.

I believe I just saw a TT black Friday email as well. They typically go on sale this time every year.

I believe the special has a lower potential weight setting, or more broad. I have the Primary on my rifles.
For bolt release, if you have the factory bolt release and not the milled side stop, you will want.

I believe I just saw a TT black Friday email as well. They typically go on sale this time every year.
Whose ad was it Tundra? Was it Triggertech themselves or someone else?

Standard factory unmodified Remington action, you'll need the bolt stop version. The non bolt stop version is for clones with a bolt stop as shown in the photo below. If you put a trigger with no bolt stop in one without that setup, the bolt can pull out of the receiver, not something you want other than cleaning.
IMG_20201124_193219630.jpg

Standard factory unmodified Remington action, you'll need the bolt stop version. The non bolt stop version is for clones with a bolt stop as shown in the photo below. If you put a trigger with no bolt stop in one without that setup, the bolt can pull out of the receiver, not something you want other than cleaning.
View attachment 376913
Hogpatrol: Thanks. I do have the factrory stop and I was wanting to make sure that I was thinking correctly that I did need one.

I have the more premium (Calvin Elite) Timney trigger in a Rem 700 based LR precision rifle and it's outstanding. I also replaced the trigger in a CZ American with a standard Timney that I'm very happy with.

`Thanks all the feedback. I decided to get a Trigger Tech. They had a Black Friday special of 20% off.

Trigger tech diamonds are amazing, just have the smith set it for hunting. Still an upgrade over factory and still as safe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorianab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg