Toxic Broadheads

I cross all my fingers and toes for you.
Go and get it done!

The DRT performed beautifully. Thanks, TOM!
He was quartering away and jumped the string a bit. The arrow passed from the right hip to left shoulder. My first warthog.
2014-05-17 16.51.19.png

I see a croc in the avatar!!!!

Getting excited!

Just posted on the Limpopo thread. It was one heck of an experience!

I don't see how you would get great penetration with the toxic broadheads.
I love them they shoot great and I have never had a animal go 100 yards before being dead. Here is one of the bucks I have killed using them and yes they make a hole.

Indiana buck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Jason, I still like Thunderhead 100 grains for the most part.

Here's my experience with the toxic, a couple of us were out on a farm in the north western part of south africa. The South African Bowhuters Assosiation (SABA) head was asked to field-test one for a article in one of the upcoming african bowhunter magazines. the day before he got a nice impala ewe with his normal setup. Day two he attempted a shot at a kudu cow and the arrow penetrated 3 inches at most. He shoots a arrow weight of 600grns and a draweight of 70 pounds and a DL of 30 inches. The Kudu cow was standing straight for a full on side shot. his shot was perfect. The animal disappeared with the rest of the herd. never to be seen again. our best guess that night around the campfire was that the blades flared open and braked the whole arrow flight without cutting through.

Ive never shot them, but they surely looked good.... Then again once you've found a product that works for you there is not allot of playing around with other broad-heads. I prefer mechanicals!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I took Toxics over to South Africa this year. Unfortunately I only took 1 animal with my bow. I took 3 others with rifle. Next time bow hunting only!!! Anyways the toxic worked great on this Blue Wildebeest. 22 yd shot broadside. Went 80 yes max!!!

HI MarkD, just curious, did you get a full pass through?

I use DRTs and Magnus and both broadheads have performed great for me in Africa and in Canada.

HI MarkD, just curious, did you get a full pass through?

I use DRTs and Magnus and both broadheads have performed great for me in Africa and in Canada.
I did not. I hit a rib square on and it stayed inside him. Massive damage and a dead animal. Although I will say the blades were wrecked!!

The toxic heads arnt the best. Having a sharp head is more important then the curved blade design. The edge on these isn't that Sharp and the design will cause the head to deflect off if you don't get a good flat hit. I have see and heard of lots of lost animals on angled shots or hits in bone. The guys that design head call them meat worms the design was tried a long time ago and was dropped back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg