Toxic Broadheads

rooihond

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anybody given the Toxic Broadheads by Flying Arrow Archery a try? They look like they would create a large wound channel but may suffer a bit on the penetration side of things. How do they fly? If nothing else, they look great in the package.

Flying Arrow Archery

They look very high tech, but I think the little positive side of the design(cut a big slug hole) far from compensates for the disadvantages of it.
I am sure it works great on broadside shots and you don't hit bones.
But the blades are way to flimsy and will either lose parts or/and get very poor penetration if bones are hit.

I really see no reasons for "wasting" money on the Toxic.

My short list for fixed broad heads are Slick Trick, Exodus and DRT(made by a member on this forum).
I see no reason to consider anything else than one of those 3.

They look very high tech, but I think the little positive side of the design(cut a big slug hole) far from compensates for the disadvantages of it.
I am sure it works great on broadside shots and you don't hit bones.
But the blades are way to flimsy and will either lose parts or/and get very poor penetration if bones are hit.

I really see no reasons for "wasting" money on the Toxic.

My short list for fixed broad heads are Slick Trick, Exodus and DRT(made by a member on this forum).
I see no reason to consider anything else than one of those 3.

By what I could see, I tend to agree with you. Sometimes the results from practical use surprises me though. I like Slick Standards myself but I think I might have to try those DRT's!

Grade A gimmick. I got some widgets for you to buy to go with it!

Grade A gimmick. I got some widgets for you to buy to go with it!

Darn! I'm all stocked up on gimmicks and widgets. Anyway, all of my disposable income seems to keep pointing towards Africa now.

Darn! I'm all stocked up on gimmicks and widgets. Anyway, all of my disposable income seems to keep pointing towards Africa now.

Dammit sales are slow, Ill never get back to Africa at this rate

I know somebody preparing to run a test batch of the Toxics on African game. Standby for the results.

I know somebody preparing to run a test batch of the Toxics on African game. Standby for the results.

I sure hope he/they use setups with proper KE and momentum.

I sure hope he/they use setups with proper KE and momentum.

I will pass the info as it comes in. It looks like a novelty item but sometimes the world hands out a surprise.

On a side note, I'm giving the DRT's a try. Tom seems to be pretty darn cool.

I don't see how you would get great penetration with the toxic broadheads.

It does look like an energy sapping effort to force one through anything.

Maybe they could be used to cut meat sticks for pepperoni?

And cheese to go with it.
The guy with the test batch is still running around southern Africa. Maybe we can see some tests in a week or so.

I'm gonna try them on turkey here in Canada , season starts in 31 days .
Glen

Anybody have some test results on the Toxics? I have tested them on beef ribs for toughness. They are actually very tough, but the penetration appeared to be less than most of the heads we tested.

Thanks for the nice words on our DRT's guys!

I hope to stick a few animals with them next year in New Zealand and Australia TOM :)
Sadly it looks like I will not have the time and the money to go bowhunting this year:cry:

I had the toxics on the arrow rest more times then I care to remember . Out of the 37 (I think ) days of turkey hunting here in Ontario I was out at least 30 . I could not gett 1 0f the 6 birds I seen to come inside of 40 yards . SORRY COULD NOT GET IT DONE ! Tomorrow is the final day of the season and I'll be out with the shotgun . Wish me luck I think I'll need it !
Glen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg