Top British Gummakers

Tried to buy a Mayfair action (Mauser 98) for my 404 Jeff

they didn’t even respond to my enquiry

clearly they don’t talk to plebs like me, let alone sell me an action

I believe they sell at about $4000 for the action alone, but you need a further $10 mill for the knighthood before they respond
 
Tried to buy a Mayfair action (Mauser 98) for my 404 Jeff

they didn’t even respond to my enquiry

clearly they don’t talk to plebs like me, let alone sell me an action

I believe the sell at about $4000 for the action alone, but you need a further $10 mill for the knighthood before they respond
There is an importer in the states. When I looked into them earlier this year I believe he said his price was $4200 but was about to go up a couple hundred bucks IIRC. No idea on how many he has in stock now. I think he only had two then but was maybe expecting a shipment mid year.
 
Your importer must have a knighthood
Not sure about that lol but I know he was pleasant and helpful. His ad isn’t on GI anymore, don’t know if that’s a good sign or not. Found the screenshot of his info:
D2DE1DB5-03CC-444B-90A3-FC31A3369DB9.png

Just saw that I contacted him in June.
 
I'm just joshing a little about them

I'm only a hundred miles from them but they didn't bother to respond

I mean - how many enquiries do they get from the general public

They probably only serve the Trade but what would it have cost them to send an email to say

''Sorry sir - we don't sell our beautiful actions to dumb f*cks like you. Go through a dealer''
 
I'm just joshing a little about them

I'm only a hundred miles from them but they didn't bother to respond

I mean - how many enquiries do they get from the general public

They probably only serve the Trade but what would it have cost them to send an email to say

''Sorry sir - we don't sell our beautiful actions to dumb f*cks like you. Go through a dealer''
I hear ya. There’s no excuse for poor customer service
 
I spent a bit of time in Roger M Green's shop back when he was located in Wyoming. I serviced some of his shop equipment like welding machines, air compressors and such. Roger is a great guy and a craftsman of the highest order.
 
I spent a bit of time in Roger M Green's shop back when he was located in Wyoming. I serviced some of his shop equipment like welding machines, air compressors and such. Roger is a great guy and a craftsman of the highest order.
That is the impression I got when we spoke on the phone. (y)
 
I'm just joshing a little about them

I'm only a hundred miles from them but they didn't bother to respond

I mean - how many enquiries do they get from the general public

They probably only serve the Trade but what would it have cost them to send an email to say

''Sorry sir - we don't sell our beautiful actions to dumb f*cks like you. Go through a dealer''
Isn't that H&K's thing re: selling to civvies? "Because you suck and we hate you"?
 
I want to thank everyone for their replies. I find it interesting that companies like Rigby and Westley Richards, each with a 200+ year history, never manufactured a action (bolt action) of their own design, especially during and after the great wars. I think this is a great testament to Mauser and Enfield, and just how difficult it may be to significantly improve on such proven designs.
 
Tried to buy a Mayfair action (Mauser 98) for my 404 Jeff

they didn’t even respond to my enquiry

clearly they don’t talk to plebs like me, let alone sell me an action

I believe they sell at about $4000 for the action alone, but you need a further $10 mill for the knighthood before they respond
Would Mayfair be equivalent to our (USA) Granite Mountain?
 
While maybe not a top British gunmaker.... BSA made their own actions for their sporting rifle line.
The early ones are a very good CRF double square bridge receiver that work well. They look a little odd but they grow on you.
The one I have is an early CRF gun in 7x57 and it behaves very well.
IMG_1930.JPG
 
The BSA ( Birmingham Small Arms ) company built rifles on their own actions. They initially had the BSA “Royal“ line of control round feed action rifles . They were offered in a short action, a medium action and a long action. The featured a Mauser inspired claw extractor, but featured a Springfield M1903 inspired two piece firing pin. They were discontinued in 1959 and replaced by the BSA “Majestic” line of push feed action rifles. This was also an action which was designed by BSA themselves.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,400
Members
169,350
Latest member
luck8gamess
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top