tips $$

STARCHEDUPDAD

AH member
Joined
Aug 18, 2025
Messages
26
Reaction score
6
new here gentleman just trying TO get all the info and tips i get for are first African hunt in April. one of my big questions how much are yall tipping staff and ph and skinners. I am seeing all kinds of answers out here. any help would be great.

Thank yall
 
I've been told by people who have hunted Africa many times that a good starting point is $100day for plains game & $200day for dangerous game for the PH, and that's what I did.......
then you get into trackers, camp staff, ect, ect.

On my 10day tuskless hunt in Zim last July I ended up letting go of about $3k in tips - Yes everyone worked hard and deserved their money; on the other hand when you are spending more in tips than round trip airfare it really puts the extra costs into perspective.
 
Where are you going and what are you planning to hunt? The tipping practices on a farm hunt in South Africa are very different than a concession area hunt in Zimbabwe. Lot of other factors play in too. Tipping is always going to be very subjective.
 
Where are you going and what are you planning to hunt? The tipping practices on a farm hunt in South Africa are very different than a concession area hunt in Zimbabwe. Lot of other factors play in too. Tipping is always going to be very subjective.
ZIMBABEW , ZAMBABEW. NO DANGEROUS game wildbeest , zebra spring buck ,blesbuck the list goes on
 
ZIMBABEW , ZAMBABEW. NO DANGEROUS game wildbeest , zebra spring buck ,blesbuck the list goes on
I’d have bigger concerns than tipping if I was going for a plains game hunt in Zimbabwe in early season in April for species that don’t occur there. There are generally very few PG hunts offered in Zimbabwe because numbers aren’t high and those that are are offered later in year once visibility improves. If this is real, I’d find out where you are actually going and for what.
 
I’d have bigger concerns than tipping if I was going for a plains game hunt in Zimbabwe in early season in April for species that don’t occur there. There are generally very few PG hunts offered in Zimbabwe because numbers aren’t high and those that are are offered later in year once visibility improves. If this is real, I’d find out where you are actually going and for what.
Namibia as well
 
I pay my employee guides $150 per day + food and living quarters here in the USA
I kinda expect our clients to tip about $100 per day and accommodate the camp staff
3 of us left $4500 total for a 12 day hunt + the ladies left a huge cache of school supplies and clothing at the camp
All tips are in a envelope left with the camp manager to distribute ( that is how we were asked to handle that )
 




 




ok thank you so much
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,293
Members
169,735
Latest member
UweHurtado
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top