TIME TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST ANTIS & SHOW CANCELLATIONS

I wonder what the new policy on employee use of social media will be in the new year?
@BRICKBURN as always you are the man

I still want to get some POCs for their clients as if their clients start emailing them saying "why are we getting these emails" and a cancelled contract or two and I think will definitely have a big impact.

Here is a copy of the list including links to the proper web pages.

canadian_programs.jpg

CALGARY, ALBERTA
> Calgary Health Trust >> Client Since 1993
SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN

> Kinsmen Club of Saskatoon >> Client Since 1978
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Royal University Hospital, St. Paul’s Hospital, Saskatoon City Hospital Foundations >> Client Since 1986
REGINA, SASKATCHEWAN

> Hospitals of Regina Foundation >> Client Since 1987
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA

> Health Sciences Centre Foundation >> Client Since 2008- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Volunteer Enterprises of the Health Sciences Centre Inc. >> Client Since 2009
TORONTO, ONTARIO

> The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation >> Client Since 1996
SAINT JOHN, NEW BRUNSWICK

> Saint John Regional Hospital Foundation, New Brunswick Heart Centre Foundation, MindCare New Brunswick >> Client Since 2008
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA

> QEll Foundation >> Client Since 2003
ST. JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND

> Health Care Foundation >> Client Since 2008
australian_programs.gif

ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA
> The Hospital Research Foundation >> Client Since 2004
MELBOURNE, VICTORIA

> The Royal Melbourne Hospital >> Client Since 2005
>> Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct (PDF)

Attachments

• canadian_programs.jpg
    canadian_programs.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 97
SCI-Canada-sm.png

December 18, 2015

I am writing today to express my utter disappointment with the recent decision by the Saskatoon Inn, Holiday Inn Gateway Centre and Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport to cancel the hosting of the African Hunting Exposition. This decision was not based on science and facts, but instead yielded to pressure from animal rights extremist groups, who constitute a very small, but vocal minority of citizens in Canada.

Hunting is a tradition that dates back to the very founding of our country and has been practiced by Canada's indigenous populations for centuries. Hundreds of thousands of Canadians hunt each year and pump billions of dollars into our economy. There is little doubt that your hotel has itself profited handsomely from hunters and our hunting dollars over the years.

By succumbing to the pressure of anti-hunting groups, you have chosen to ignore the vital role hunting plays in the conservation and management of species around the globe. Countless numbers of species have been brought back from the brink of extinction because of hunters. In fact, most hunters, myself included, consider ourselves to be conservationists first and hunters second.

Because of your poor decision-making, I will avoid doing business with your hotel whenever possible in the future and I will encourage all fellow hunters and anglers to take similar actions. I urge you in the strongest of terms to reconsider your position and to instead conduct your decision-making in accordance with science and facts. I strongly recommend that, instead of caving to emotional campaigns, you should take action that supports hunting and the role it plays not only in the conservation of Canadian wildlife and species worldwide, but also in supporting the Canadian economy.

Sincerely,

Erik Grimland
rockin-granch@hotmail.com

Attachments

• SCI-Canada-sm.png
    SCI-Canada-sm.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 120
Thanks Erik.

I wonder what the new policy on employee use of social media will be in the new year?

Here is a copy of the list including links to the proper web pages.
)

Wonder what the new policy will be on listing clients in the new year?

Wonder what the new policy will be on listing clients in the new year?

I'll bet the new employee Social Media Policy will address it!

Here's three from the GAP that might apply to Lana's situation.
  1. Some subjects can invite a flame war. Be careful discussing things where emotions run high (e.g. politics and religion) and show respect for others’ opinions.
  2. “Your job comes first. Unless you are an authorized Social Media Manager, don’t let social media affect your job performance.”
  3. If you #!%#@# up? Correct it immediately and be clear about what you’ve done to fix it. Contact the social media team if it’s a real doozy.”

I'll bet the new employee Social Media Policy will address it!

Here's three from the GAP that might apply to Lana's situation.
  1. Some subjects can invite a flame war. Be careful discussing things where emotions run high (e.g. politics and religion) and show respect for others’ opinions.
  2. “Your job comes first. Unless you are an authorized Social Media Manager, don’t let social media affect your job performance.”
  3. If you #!%#@# up? Correct it immediately and be clear about what you’ve done to fix it. Contact the social media team if it’s a real doozy.”

It will be interesting to see if Lana's name pops back up on Asher's website in a couple of months. Might be worth tracking it.

As a goober who has not been part of the corporate world in years and is not part of social media other than a couple of hunting sites, this is somewhat eye opening to me, seeing all the exposure that employees open up for their employer.

Seems that old Lana might be running into a little bit of a storm. With her being all proud and sassy on media/social media and running into hunters that are starting to get fed up with all the manure and outright lies she and other anti's have told.

Wheels, this is a huge issue for employers and most of the folks that have any IT savvy at all are aware of just how fast this can turn on you.

Nothing embarrassing about this is there?
miley.jpg

Hank, that was easy, I also sent a personal letter as a IHG Gold Member (Holiday Inn) stating I will no longer be using their hotel for the numerous stays each year. Keep up the good work boys, the truth needs to be told!

Reactions: lcq
I've got to admit, sending a direct email to a small company owner about their employee felt good. Might not do any more good than the emails to the large corporations, but it still felt better. :)

Reactions: lcq
Hank, that was easy, I also sent a personal letter as a IHG Gold Member (Holiday Inn) stating I will no longer be using their hotel for the numerous stays each year. Keep up the good work boys, the truth needs to be told!
Lost business speaks louder than internet petitions. A cc to head office would ensure the local manager wears this and can not bury it

Nothing like CLICK and done.

I agree, thanks Hank.
Full credit to Wayne for getting this off the ground.

I agree with what many of you are saying - hunters spend money. We travel, we use hotels, restaurants, the whole thing. So we should have influence. And we should use that influence. In a cool, collected and rational way. Not like the antis, who make a lot of noise but have nothing behind them (except, of course, other gullible people).

This is great to see. And as far as SCI goes, I will never criticize anyone, so long as they come to the party!

.............. I will never criticize anyone, so long as they come to the party!

As long as someone has been fashionably late and they bring a good Rum or Single Malt they won't get a complaint from me or be turned away. :D Barman:

As long as someone has been fashionably late and they bring a good Rum or Single Malt they won't get a complaint from me or be turned away. :D Barman:
Well, to each their own.

Personally I've always thought of scotch of whatever variety as sort of a gutter version of rye, but there's no accounting for taste!

Just saw on Facebook today, 12-18-2015, that SCI sent out a notice about this. They have a link, to sent a letter to the hotels, like the airlines. A day late and dollar short again. Maybe someone knows somebody at SCI and get them to monitor this site, because they are alway behind.

Just saw on Facebook today, 12-18-2015, that SCI sent out a notice about this. They have a link, to sent a letter to the hotels, like the airlines. A day late and dollar short again. Maybe someone knows somebody at SCI and get them to monitor this site, because they are alway behind.

An "SCI local" member was the OP in another thread that started the alarm. This has gotten around the world now and the perpetrators are starting to feel the pressure.

Keep the pressure up!

Hank,

Appreciate your posting this.

SCI is a week behind AH and others in getting things going. (Kind of reminds you of a wooly mammoth plodding along and look what happened to them) :(

At least SCI is doing something.:)

Perhaps, on the letter writing, but Jason St. Michael of SCI Canada was working on this with the organizer, Birgit, since day 1 or 2.

Birgit posted on Facebook today that she heard that Lana Stark has gone into hiding.

Not sure why? I certainly hope everyone who Emailed her was respectful and non-threatening. While we can be proactive and reactive, we shouldn't stupe to the antis level. Eva Shocky posted on Facebook yesterday that she gets about 5000 hate/death threats a day from animal rightists.

Let's not be like them, but win the war with science and fact.

Perhaps, on the letter writing, but Jason St. Michael of SCI Canada was working on this with the organizer, Birgit, since day 1 or 2.

Birgit posted on Facebook today that she heard that Lana Stark has gone into hiding.

Not sure why? I certainly hope everyone who Emailed her was respectful and non-threatening. While we can be proactive and reactive, we shouldn't stupe to the antis level. Eva Shocky posted on Facebook yesterday that she gets about 5000 hate/death threats a day from animal rightists.

Let's not be like them, but win the war with science and fact.
I agree, we win by using facts and boycotting those who challenge us NOT by being petty and using threats. The reason the anti's do it is A the majority of them don't know enough about what they are outrage by to win with facts and B those who are knowledgable know they are wrong and have no other recourse as they know the facts don't support their views. I find it disgusting when the give people death threats and such as it is childish and petty. I'd like to think we have more class than that.
Keep it up boys, we're gunna win this fight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross