Thoughts on Scope Selection for Sauer 404

Buffhunter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Australia, South Africa
Hi All,

i just wanted to gauge others opinions about my possible scope selection for my Sauer 404 barrel in 375 H&H. Currently my Sauer 404 has a 300 Win Mag barrel which is fitted with a swaro Z5 3.5-18x44.

I've got the 375 H&H barrel on the way and together these two calibers will form a light travel/take down/ easily concealed battery for those trips where i spend time holidaying and sight seeing rather than purely hunting. So to cover all bases I was going to fit a Doctor unipoint 2.5-10x50 scope with the 4 Dot illuminated reticle on it. is this too much scope for the 375 considering?

or what else up to $1k in a 30mm tube would you suggest?

regards

Sika98k

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,
I recently purchased a Meopta R2, 1.7-10x42, 30mm tube, illuminated reticle. Great piece of kit. So much so that I’m considering another one for another rifle.

Buffhunter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Australia, South Africa
Yes i did consider that as well actually but a shortage of scopes around atm is an issue now. Everything is on backorder with a 3-5 month wait at least.

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
I recently purchased a Meopta R2, 1.7-10x42, 30mm tube, illuminated reticle. Great piece of kit. So much so that I’m considering another one for another rifle.
I have a couple meopta , a ZD and a meostar fixed power. A friend has the r2 3-12 . They are such nice scopes. Glass is so good, I can't say my Schmidt Bender costing double has better glass.

If you get a chance to look through them it would be well worth your time. I haven't looked through the meopro line myself.

Sika98k

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,
Yes i did consider that as well actually but a shortage of scopes around atm is an issue now. Everything is on backorder with a 3-5 month wait at least.
Cameralandny stocks the Meostar R2 in 1,7-10x42.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CXCMicah4

Latest profile posts

Rickmt wrote on Justbryan's profile.
What is your new shorter rifle? Thanx Bryan !
raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark
raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not