Thoughts on Scope Selection for Sauer 404

Buffhunter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Australia, South Africa
Hi All,

i just wanted to gauge others opinions about my possible scope selection for my Sauer 404 barrel in 375 H&H. Currently my Sauer 404 has a 300 Win Mag barrel which is fitted with a swaro Z5 3.5-18x44.

I've got the 375 H&H barrel on the way and together these two calibers will form a light travel/take down/ easily concealed battery for those trips where i spend time holidaying and sight seeing rather than purely hunting. So to cover all bases I was going to fit a Doctor unipoint 2.5-10x50 scope with the 4 Dot illuminated reticle on it. is this too much scope for the 375 considering?

or what else up to $1k in a 30mm tube would you suggest?

regards

I recently purchased a Meopta R2, 1.7-10x42, 30mm tube, illuminated reticle. Great piece of kit. So much so that I’m considering another one for another rifle.

Yes i did consider that as well actually but a shortage of scopes around atm is an issue now. Everything is on backorder with a 3-5 month wait at least.

I recently purchased a Meopta R2, 1.7-10x42, 30mm tube, illuminated reticle. Great piece of kit. So much so that I’m considering another one for another rifle.
I have a couple meopta , a ZD and a meostar fixed power. A friend has the r2 3-12 . They are such nice scopes. Glass is so good, I can't say my Schmidt Bender costing double has better glass.

If you get a chance to look through them it would be well worth your time. I haven't looked through the meopro line myself.

Yes i did consider that as well actually but a shortage of scopes around atm is an issue now. Everything is on backorder with a 3-5 month wait at least.
Cameralandny stocks the Meostar R2 in 1,7-10x42.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you