This place is bad, bad, bad

Yep, pretty soon I will just have to live in a man cave of taxidermy mounts. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think it was something like 20 days after joining I booked with a sponsor for my first safari, end of Aug. 92 days to go.... I have had to pull back a bit from here as I barely can afford this trip, have never actually been to Africa yet, and found I was beginning to form some serious plans to go to Moz. with no idea how to pay for it. I have learned to take a deep breath and relax before even opening a new deal thread!

Well we made it back from Disneyland. Left at 6AM and arrived home about 6:45PM. Would have been quicker if the wife hadnt wanted a sit down meal. Argh.

Anyways, in five days of traveling we only spoke of Africa once. My daughter and I were talking about seeing monkeys sitting on power poles. The story intrigued my wife a little. Maybe I can get her to go someday.

Thanks for all the support and perhaps we can get that support group together soon.

Randy

My big challenge is to get the other half to agree to another trip that's not in 2 years time

My big challenge is to get the other half to agree to another trip that's not in 2 years time

@norfolk shooter just convince her to come along on the trip! I'm bringing my wife along to Africa in... 31 days! and to New Zealand next year. She doesn't know it yet, but I suspect another African hunt.. maybe for Mr. Spots this time... will be in the line-up for the year after that. I also convinced my parents to come along as observers... the more people that come along, the more difficult it is for people to back out!

junk·ie
ˈjəNGkē/
noun
informal
  1. a addict
    synonyms: addict, abuser; More
    • a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something.

I have developed a simple 4 step program to deal with this:

1. Book with a reputable outfit
      2. Buy all kinds of things that you know are not needed for your hunt but they are must haves for personal gratification.
      3. Hunt
      4. Return back to normal lifestyle
      5. Repeat 1-4

@Bullthrower338 I think you can replace #4 with "Begin planning next safari."

@Bullthrower338 I think you can replace #4 with "Begin planning next safari."
No kidding, but my normal life is plotting and planning for my next hunt with work in between to pay for my "next fix"! Lol
Cheers,
Cody

I think bullthrower hit it on the head!

We might need to start a support group by the sounds of it

I suffer from the affliction as well! When I got home from Namibia in 2014, I started saving again, hopefully for 2016. But having to re-shingle my house this summer and our weak Canadian dollar is wreaking havoc on my plans! I'll be fortunate to make it back to Africa by 2018...might need to get a second job!

Maybe the outfitters need to start charging in Canadian $....less of a hit for us Canucks and would be a hell of a deal for our U.S. buddies! ;)

Being the nice guy I am I would be more then happy to make plans for a place to have a nice first meeting for all those with the sickness. It will be in SA but a short flight and the healing can start. You can bring your guns or bows to so you feel extra good when the healing starts.

I to have the same problem. I have last years taxidermy and shipping to get home and pay for. My buddy wants to take my double over for Cape buffalo, I have no problem with him taking the double I have to go with it though. I guess I'm booked to go back September 2017. Dam I have on will power

After returning from my second trip all I have been thinking about is how to get back again! Lots of sleepless nights with different species running through my mind!

After returning from my second trip all I have been thinking about is how to get back again! Lots of sleepless nights with different species running through my mind!

I keep having dreams of warthog!! And no they are not that type of dream! :K Over 18:

I just caught myself on the web looking up airfare to PLZ... There is no hope!

Being the nice guy I am I would be more then happy to make plans for a place to have a nice first meeting for all those with the sickness. It will be in SA but a short flight and the healing can start. You can bring your guns or bows to so you feel extra good when the healing starts.
That sound like a nice plan Bill. We could all give Pieter a little surprise!

You guys think you have it bad? The beginning of this year I took a job in downtown Detroit to help pay for my addiction!

I just caught myself on the web looking up airfare to PLZ... There is no hope!

At least once a week I have been looking at airfare to various SA cities, Windhoek, Vic Falls, and Bulawayo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois