Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
You will have to search for the title on YouTube but this was a fun watch-just what the doctor ordered to soothe your africa addiction-if you dream of the selous at least!
6642048C-30C0-427C-A720-CA0B193A42F7.jpeg

Hope he didn't shoot this PH.

He did not shoot the ph THIS time-BUT I was frequently surprised at how many muzzles are pointed at other people or hands over the muzzle for pictures etc. I’m sure the guns were unloaded or whatever but terrible example! There was some other stuff as well but the daytime film of lions and leopard etc and the eland with the huge neck running down the road was very cool.

He did not shoot the ph THIS time-BUT I was frequently surprised at how many muzzles are pointed at other people or hands over the muzzle for pictures etc. I’m sure the guns were unloaded or whatever but terrible example! There was some other stuff as well but the daytime film of lions and leopard etc and the eland with the huge neck running down the road was very cool.

Tim shot a PH?? Hadn’t heard that. Oof.

Put a .458 slug through the shoulder of Stu Taylor several years ago during a buffalo follow-up. He fell and the rifle fired which begs a question. Stu was extremely lucky to have survived, and has never regained full use of the arm or his profession.

I only remembered it because Tim tried to brush it off like it was no big deal. It was long ago but you would think gun safety would be a topic he re inforces in every episode.

To his credit, Tim did air the episode out there where he shot the PH. He used the platform to discuss it as a valuable, life lesson.

This was a really great video. Took me a couple sittings to get through, but really great example of wild Africa buffalo, lions, leopard, wild dogs, really enjoyed watching. On the gun safety note, these guys should have slings on their rifles, but that’s between them and their PHs.

That was one thing that was interesting to me-one if the ph’s had padding taped onto his barrel to make it more comfortable to carry. I assumed he is usually in the front where it makes some sense but it still caught my attention

That was one thing that was interesting to me-one if the ph’s had padding taped onto his barrel to make it more comfortable to carry. I assumed he is usually in the front where it makes some sense but it still caught my attention
The padding also possibly helps prevent rust. I had a PH who wouldn’t touch his double without gloves and that was his reason. It was from early 1900s.

I wondered about that-protect the bluing, maybe the heat-they said it was 103 degrees at one point if I remember correctly . The only member of the big five they did not film was rhino. The hippo footage was crazy—stampede!!

Some very nice footage on this one. As noted already that eland running was crazy and the drone flying right up to the leopard while he tried to hide in a clump of grass was EPIC.
I actually know two of the hunters. They deer hunt across our north ranch boundary. Good guys and serious hunters for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg