Ole Bally

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Zimbabwe
Stu shoot.JPG
It's been 2 seasons now since Stu was shot from behind through his left shoulder and he's still has not been able to return to his chosen profession. This last season Stu at least went back to the bush and worked fixing roads and camps etc. His employer said that unless he could pass his shooting exam again, he couldn't be employed as a PH.
His injuries were such that he was unable to raise his rifle with his left arm...the shoulder that was shot through with a .458 Win Mag by an errant client.
Well, things are on the mend and whilst he still is disabled - still can't lift the arm past shoulder height - and damaged, we put him on the range with his rifle at the February Pro Hunters and Guides Shooting test and are happy to say that he aced it!
This is a huge mental milestone for him and we hope that he'll be able to hunt again on a professional basis.
I take my hat off to a tenacious young man!
Here's Stu at the exams with his .416 Rigby giving that paper lead!
Would I hunt with him as my PH?...100% yes!

Last edited by a moderator:
good on Stu , sounds like he"s all balls .
hope he continues doing what he obviously loves

Awesome Stu well done, there is allot to be said about ones mental strength and tenacity whe you overcome such major obstacles both mentally and physically!

God speed and get out there soon!
My best always

Man, that is so impressive.

Where there is a will, there is almost always a way.

Living proof right here!

I saw this in another forum when it happen. Glad he was able to come back from this and do what he enjoys for a job. I am sure he has dealt with some hard times.

I hope all his problems are behind him and his life gets back on track.

This is excellent news, thanks for the update Ole Bally!

Go big or go home!

Awesome news.

Appreciate the update E.

Anyone about to go hunting in Zimbabwe?! I think I know a PH you can suggest for your hunt.

Glad to hear the good news.

Hope he is guiding clients soon.

Thank you for the update Ole Bally. All the best Stu!

Thanks for the update, excellent news!

@Ole Bally I also have spike t's question we or at least the two of us miss you!

+4 soon you will be forced to come back especially if we reach a quorum (spelling??) ;) damn Dutchmen in me... Sorry!

PH and Hunting are A welcome return for Stu.

I am sure, a lot went into his reconditioning for making the rifle portion of the test.

Well done...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross