Thinking of Moving up to a 375

I think the price should be around $850-900 so you are right to hold your ground.

I went and looked at that gun on GB. Its tough for me as I got mine new for about half of that but I still think thats a bit high as well. It says he does have the sights so thats a plus. Most morons take the sights off and throw them away! Makes me knuckin' futz when people do that. The scope isnt worth much. There are a few others there on GB as well. But for the same money as that you could buy a brand new CZ.
yes and thats most likely the Smart Move,,and probably what I,ll wind up doing,,I don,t care for their limited scope mounting, they build a quality product and as mentioned earlier I own 3 CZ product allready and can.t fault any of them

Well, after much thought and banging my head against the wall I made the most Logical decision,,I went for the New in the Bpx CZ550 in 375HH with the American contour stock,,,it seemed the most logical way to go,,yes it,s kind of Generic looking and in my humble opinion has limited mounting potential but it,s comes so highly recommended by a lot of members of this website,,I just ordered a Nice Vortex 3.5x10x50 purchased with my Cabelas points. I,ll look thru my collection of Leupold Burris and Redfield Mounts and see what I have,if not I,ll order something slick,,,Thanks for the help guys,come spring I,ll be looking for some help on breaking this beast in Rob

Well, after much thought and banging my head against the wall I made the most Logical decision,,I went for the New in the Bpx CZ550 in 375HH with the American contour stock,,,it seemed the most logical way to go,,yes it,s kind of Generic looking and in my humble opinion has limited mounting potential but it,s comes so highly recommended by a lot of members of this website,,I just ordered a Nice Vortex 3.5x10x50 purchased with my Cabelas points. I,ll look thru my collection of Leupold Burris and Redfield Mounts and see what I have,if not I,ll order something slick,,,Thanks for the help guys,come spring I,ll be looking for some help on breaking this beast in Rob

If not mistaken, I recall the CZ550 with it's double square bridge being such that you can mount rings without bases. No?

If not mistaken, I recall the CZ550 with it's double square bridge being such that you can mount rings without bases. No?
True Phil but they have some special Mounts that have a notch in the mount that matches the notch in the base

Congratulations on your new purchase. It's a solid piece of equipment....so is the choice of the Vortex. If you are going with the QR rings, Alaska Arms Ruger Scope Rings, Gun Parts - Bolt Handle And CZ USA Parts | Alaska Arms LLC is a pretty good option. Not the cheapest mounts for a CZ but if I remember correct he guarantees them to 1/4 moa after taking them off and putting them back on.

True Phil but they have some special Mounts that have a notch in the mount that matches the notch in the base

The rings mount directly to the grooves in the action. There are no "mounts". This makes them very solid. If you use a set of rings made for a CZ they go directly into the rear notch. This makes QR scopes very good on CZ's. You put the scope on the exact same place on the action every time. It won't fit if not exactly in the same spot. If you ever want to use the open sights, the QR might be a good option.

You will be happy with the CZ. They have great barrels. And CZ rings work great. Some of the big bores dont come with rings though for some reason, but they are solid. Congrats!

You will be happy with the CZ. They have great barrels. And CZ rings work great. Some of the big bores dont come with rings though for some reason, but they are solid. Congrats!

I agree, the CZ rings worked great for me, but yes, there are other options out there, depends how much you want to spend.

I also agree CZ's have a excellent barrel, very tough, accurate.

Congratulations on your new purchase. It's a solid piece of equipment....so is the choice of the Vortex. If you are going with the QR rings, Alaska Arms Ruger Scope Rings, Gun Parts - Bolt Handle And CZ USA Parts | Alaska Arms LLC is a pretty good option. Not the cheapest mounts for a CZ but if I remember correct he guarantees them to 1/4 moa after taking them off and putting them back on.
Those mounts are slick,,i watched a video on a guy testing Warne Rings he shot a Group then removed and re-installed the Rings the POA moved about 8" I think the cam plate on the Alaska Arms would eliminate that

Those mounts are slick,,i watched a video on a guy testing Warne Rings he shot a Group then removed and re-installed the Rings the POA moved about 8" I think the cam plate on the Alaska Arms would eliminate that

Rob, Check out this video CZ 550 Quick Detachable Scope Rings Shooting Demo, 416 Rigby - YouTube the guy is using two scopes and changing them out on his CZ with the Alaska Arms rings. This video is why I bought the Alaska Arms rings.(plus others recommendations) The rings lock into the exact same place every time. I didn't watch the entire video but I believe he guarantees 1/4 moa while changing the scope out. The CZ mounting system is great for QR rings.

Rob, I also called the guy at Alaska Arms. Told him the rifle, scope and the size of scope tube and he was able to tell me off hand which height of rings to get that would keep my face closest to the stock while still giving me bolt clearance.

Rob, I also called the guy at Alaska Arms. Told him the rifle, scope and the size of scope tube and he was able to tell me off hand which height of rings to get that would keep my face closest to the stock while still giving me bolt clearance.
129.00 is a little stiff but God knows how many sets of rings I have laying around,,,Allready have my 375 Dies on the way now I need to start scrounging Brass

6 years ago, I paid $99 for the CZ rings, I remember that because I thought it was highway robbery! So the Alaska Arms price isn't bad.

6 years ago, I paid $99 for the CZ rings, I remember that because I thought it was highway robbery! So the Alaska Arms price isn't bad.
Ordered them today,,from the Guy in the Video

Congrats, let us know how it shoots.

Scope arrived today and the CZ is somewhere in transit between Irving Texas and Minnesota,,,I,m Fianancilly tapped out I hope you guys are Happy

Scope arrived today and the CZ is somewhere in transit between Irving Texas and Minnesota,,,I,m Fianancilly tapped out I hope you guys are Happy

We are happy for you! You are gonna have a great year in 2014, Africa will blow your mind!

Merry Christmas to yourself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois