Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, USA (Alaska, Kansas, Maryland)
Whenever I think things can't get any more stupid, any number of news items seem to arise, all screaming out "Hold my beer!" A buddy shared this on his FB page today. Those of you in Australia... truth? Or fiction?
178716596_2658584811098648_6295067197780369214_n.jpg

I'm sure this Brad must have gone on 1st of April to the police station. This cannot be real.

Whenever I think things can't get any more stupid, any number of news items seem to arise, all screaming out "Hold my beer!" A buddy shared this on his FB page today. Those of you in Australia... truth? Or fiction?View attachment 399526
@Tundra Tiger
Unfortunately it's true mate my wife read it to me this morning. Cost of registration is $35 per TOY.
I hope the idiots are just joking.
Bob

True. The biggest range in Brisbane has mandated noise abatement restrictions by muzzle velocity and muzzle energy, anyone that doesn't fit in the parameters and has target shooting as the genuine reason for owning those firearms is screwed. Maybe we will all need gel blasters? Probably classify them as cat D semi auto to prevent people obtaining them.

I read something about the guy insisting on registering his Nerf in response to a law about gel blasters, and although he was technically correct and the South Australian Police were obliged to register it as requested, they weren’t very amused and issued a statement saying that they don’t require Nerf guns to be registered. I skim-read, so check it out for yourself in case I’m missing something. I shoot lots of Nerf guns in South Australia and there’s definitely no requirement to register them.

Looks like a gel blaster is a low-powered paintball-type toy- basically a water pistol.

Good grief! School days chum and I used to love to find a patch of Concord grapes, and use them to similar effect! Go home covered in big purple spots, my mom did not share our enthusiasm for this sport. Dont know why not, no sense of humor I guess.

Australia isn't the only country that has Nerf syndrome. In 2013 my two boys and myself flew back to SA from Dublin, Ireland. My son had bought a Nerf gun and packed it in his carry on bag. The checked luggage had obviously been checked in already when we got to the security checkpoint with the scanners. Long story short, they refused to allow the Nerf gun on the plane as it had a "trigger mechanism"!! No amount of explaining that it is flimsy piece of plastic with a spring helped at all. He had to give it to the dumb Irish prick with the security hat.

...Long story short, they refused to allow the Nerf gun on the plane as it had a "trigger mechanism"!! No amount of explaining that it is flimsy piece of plastic with a spring helped at all. He had to give it to the dumb Irish prick with the security hat.

Actually that is normal nowadays. No toy guns in carry on luggage. To be honest it makes sense as a lot of people can not tell the difference.

I would think a flimsy bright white, green and yellow plastic toy that every single kid in the entire world has would be blatantly obvious to anyone with a single brain cell. I personally think this prick was just being a prick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouveniaBo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!