The man with one rifle

Growing up I had a neighbor across the road that was a "big game" hunter (i.e. the only person in the neighborhood that had more than a whitetail or two on the wall). Ronnie had an old school glass faced gun cabinet with a couple of shotguns, a few .22s, an unused model 94 in .30-30 and the grail rifle, a model 70 in .30-06. If I recall correctly, he purchased the model 70 used in the late 60s and used it for damn near everything in North America. He had whitetails, muleys, pronghorns, black bears, elk & others on the wall. I remember when I was around 10 years old, he took it out of the cabinet & let me handle it. It had some scratches and dings from use, but it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I ran into his daughter a few years back, and asked how her dad was doing. She busted out her phone and showed me pictures of the Canadian moose he had taken to celebrate his 70th birthday! That ol' model 70 was in the picture laying across the moose. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross