The End of the Game - must watch!!

Michael70

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
SSAA
Friends, I have another film from YouTube that is a MUST WATCH with regards to hunting and the journey that we have all undertaken with regards to our personal moral principles, experiences and what it is to have hunted.

This is a documentary film made by a self-confessed Vegan Activist about a hunter who is a relic of the past. Some of his mannerisms are commendable, others not so much, but we must all look at this via the prism of his time and the environment that produced him, and many others like him.

This is a fascinating study about more than the mere of killing animals, (which is what I believe the filmmaker originally intended) but a real insight into ageing and life itself all conducted amongst the backdrop of a final big game hunt for Buffalo.

I would like to hear what others thought of this film. For me it is unique in its main character and the perspective and final admissions of its vegan filmmaker.

Thank you,

Michael.

Good day mr @Michael70
This is one of the best documentary's made about hunting, i know the Outfitter very well and couple of years later that area, that the documentary is made on became one of my Concessions were I offered a couple off very good buffalo hunts, today that game reserve is fully photographic safari only and put out limited quota on buffalo to hunt.
The Lowveld of Southern Africa is truly a special place.

Peter Beard authored a photographic novel based on his experiences in Kenya called “The End of the Game”. A must read for African enthusiasts.

Watched it
Really good in the end
The overall message is good

How amazing is his forum when you have people that not only take the time to share an experience virtually via media (YouTube in his case) but also have visited and hunted the concession mentioned and can offer a first-hand account of the places in detail.

@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS, I have visited your website and see that you run an excellent outfit. I also have added you, as a person I follow on this site and will keep you in mind when that fateful day arrives, and I begin plans for my first ever hunt in Africa.

To all the other members on here, your views and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Michael70 thank you sir.
its always a pleasure sharing hunting stories and Africa has giving us so much stories and lessons in the past from the Golden days as I name it 20-30 years ago and it is up to us as the new generation to put back and create new stories and adventures.
Ill be waiting for you and cant wait to share the Lowveld with you.
Kind regards Derian

@Michael70 thank you for posting this, I believe it to be one of if not the best documentary I’ve ever watched on hunting.

That old man shows what it’s like to love life and I can only hope I’m that active in both body and spirit at 73yo.

The documentary is so good I watched it twice.
Cultural element with contact of the two cultures one hunting and one vegan, is impressive. And two worlds of modern and imperial. Well made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNek

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg