Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
BY:
Keenan Crow +

POSTED: 8/25/16

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and Kentucky State Police Post 10 have issued a warning that IEDs have been found in Harlan County.

Back in June, OutdoorHub published an article about officials investigating explosive rigged game cameras in Kentucky.

The public safety advisory, issued Monday, warns that some of the trail cameras were found abandoned on paths in rural areas near the Dave Smith Drainage Area, on the Little Black Mountain Spur in Harlan County.

ATFStatement.jpg

These IEDs were designed to explode when a person inserted batteries into the trail camera, while others were set to explode by a trip wire leading to the trail cameras.

Edited to add link:
http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/08/25/atf-issues-warning-ieds-trail-cameras/

Attachments

• ATFStatement.jpg
    ATFStatement.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
This was a problem in Arkansas, just a few miles west of Little Rock some 20 years ago also, before trail cameras were available. Haven't heard anything new in recent years. I would think that pot fields are more common now than they were 20 years ago.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
This is scary!

kudu1

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
SA, Canada, Australia
Did someone get mad at the trailcam thieves?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwoOceanssafaris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

KAROO WILD Safaris wrote on AHAssistant's profile.
Hi Susan

I've rejoined Ah after a year break. Jerome has helped me re: set up my signature and banner. In my absence, I see there's a new resources page. How do I go about building a page and adding client reviews to it. I see a lot of other outfitters have got a text section, followed by pics and videos, and lastly some reviews. I'd like to do something similar.

Thanks for your help

Victor Watson
KAROO WILD Safaris wrote on AHAssistant's profile.
Hi Susan

I've rejoined Ah after a year break. Jerome has helped me re: set up my signature and banner. In my absence, I see there's a new resources page. How do I go about building a page and adding client reviews to it. I see a lot of other outfitters have got a text section, followed by pics and videos, and lastly some reviews. I'd like to do something similar.

Thanks for your help

Victor Watson
ABOUT US

We believe that a hunter's experience should be cherished, and so we offer a service that honours those unique and special memories and equips you to tell your adventure story. Every part of your journey with us, from communication to craftsmanship is carefully considered in order to create an experience worth remembering.
Services Flyer 2.jpg
Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
Doc attached.
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there