The .500/450 Nitro Express..how common is it..?

Pondoro

AH legend
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
2,223
Reaction score
5,415
Media
109
Articles
2
Member of
Reserve officer, masonic order, etc.
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia, Botswana and South Africa
I have never seen one..do any of you own one..? Your impression..?

It seems to have lost popularity to .450NE and .470NE..
 
I have seen only one. It was at the NRA National Firearms museum in Springfield Missouri. Teddy Roosevelt's double. All I can tell you is that it sure was pretty.
 
I had a Holland and Holland 500/450 until about a year ago when I let a good friend talk me out of it.It was just a few numbers earlier than TR's.I think the ban on 45 caliber ammo in certain countries contributed it's loss of popularity.That is when H&H came out with the 500/465 to skirt the 45 caliber ban at least that's my understanding.
 

Attachments

  • 20220315_135425.jpg
    20220315_135425.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 141

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,504
Members
169,751
Latest member
RickieCayt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top