Texas to feral pigs: It's time for the 'hog apocalypse' to begin

I've seen this several times in Montana, first was government solving the problem of ground erosion by planting knapweed, a small Russian weed with pretty flowers on it in Russia. In Montana it thrives and took the state over in knee high noctious weeds that cost farmers and ranchers thousands a year to keep out of their crops and pastures! And hunters must have certified weed free feed for hunts! Fine job on the research dip shits!
Another fine example is poisoning of the pine beetle. Killed almost all of the small game out of western Montana! Do not let the government get involved in the eradication of critters, you will be sorry!

Not a Texan, but this worries me. I do enjoy hunting in Texas . I'm a bit of an aoudad nut. (See aviatar). I highly doubt the landowner where I hunt would use this stuff, but what about the neighbors? I personally love bringing home wild hog meat for myself and friends. But if there is any chance of someone using this crap....no way I'm feeding my family Texas hog.

I keep telling the landowners around where I hunt , if you want dead hogs just let a couple of PA hillbillies with rifles come sort them out. Me and my pals average 8-10 a day

I'm with you gizmo, You guys need to fight this one.

Not a Texan, but this worries me. I do enjoy hunting in Texas . I'm a bit of an aoudad nut. (See aviatar). I highly doubt the landowner where I hunt would use this stuff, but what about the neighbors? I personally love bringing home wild hog meat for myself and friends. But if there is any chance of someone using this crap....no way I'm feeding my family Texas hog.

I keep telling the landowners around where I hunt , if you want dead hogs just let a couple of PA hillbillies with rifles come sort them out. Me and my pals average 8-10 a day

Working on it. I'll be calling my state rep as if 9am

Also sounds like a couple of PA hillbillies need to come visit me. Lots of hogs and ice cold beer.

As long as the pigs have a dollar value you will never get rid of them.
As long as farmers can lease the land for hunting or charge hunters themselves you will not get rid of the hogs.
I would love to come down there and shoot many hogs. But I have a very small retirement income so that will not happen. It would have to be for free or darn near free for me to be able to do so.

I am saving up to come and get a Black Buck and maybe another exotic or 2 but I would not spend the money needed to take hogs.

I also understand the farmers point of view. I was raised on a ranch myself. I had to deal with the retards who trespassed and destroyed things. I also know that when some idiot hurts themselves on the property the 1st thing many of them think about/do is sue the landowner. Here in Ca they do that even when they were breaking the law and trespassing.

Just read the above post. I would be very grateful to come down and get rid of some no cost troublesome hogs for you also. :)

It is a no win deal.

As long as the pigs have a dollar value you will never get rid of them.
As long as farmers can lease the land for hunting or charge hunters themselves you will not get rid of the hogs.
I would love to come down there and shoot many hogs. But I have a very small retirement income so that will not happen. It would have to be for free or darn near free for me to be able to do so.

I am saving up to come and get a Black Buck and maybe another exotic or 2 but I would not spend the money needed to take hogs.

I also understand the farmers point of view. I was raised on a ranch myself. I had to deal with the retards who trespassed and destroyed things. I also know that when some idiot hurts themselves on the property the 1st thing many of them think about/do is sue the landowner. Here in Ca they do that even when they were breaking the law and trespassing.

Just read the above post. I would be very grateful to come down and get rid of some no cost troublesome hogs for you also. :)

It is a no win deal.
Well if some exotic sheep are on your hit list you get to shoot all the hogs you can for free. I might add the sheep/goats cost about half of what a blackbuck does.

Well its looks like Kaput Feral Hog Lure, is on hold. A district judge in Austin issued a TRO till the end of the month. Some hog processor filed suit saying this impacts his hog processing business. Will see next month, if this product get used and under what restrictions if any. I cant say too much about this, other then I will be using it on my property.

Well its looks like Kaput Feral Hog Lure, is on hold. A district judge in Austin issued a TRO till the end of the month. Some hog processor filed suit saying this impacts his hog processing business. Will see next month, if this product get used and under what restrictions if any. I cant say too much about this, other then I will be using it on my property.

How much is this stuff costing?
All you need for bait (for me) is a little rum and coke, a few beer and some nice steaks and I'll come clean them out on a holiday. :)

Should have said that I will NOT be using this product.

And see below:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/article/Hog-apocalypse-plan-backed-by-Texas-10981530.php

A Waco-area meat processor who won a first round against state Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller’s rule for a poison-driven “hog apocalypse” spent Monday getting lawmakers in Austin to carry legislation preventing future rules.

Will Herring, owner of Wild Boar Meats, last week got a State District Judge Jan Soifer in Austin to temporarily halt Miller’s Feb. 21 rule allowing use of “Kaput Feral Hog Lure,” which uses a blood thinner known as warfarin and essentially causes the pigs to bleed to death.

Soifer’s order, issued Thursday, says the Texas Department of Agriculturedid not follow the Texas Administrative Procedures Act and agrees with Herring’s claim that allowing Kaput would cause “immediate and irreparable harm” to his business. It halts Miller’s order until March 30, when a hearing will be held.

While Miller’s call for a “hog apocalypse” is supported by some of the many Texas farmers and ranchers who have been fighting a losing battle against the hogs, those who hunt and process the animals fear the bait will unleash a poison into the food chain. Herring said he processed some 5,000 wild hogs in February alone for use in pet food.

“We have not developed a way to test for it, nor have we developed a way to inactivate it,” Herring said. “If someone said, ‘Look, I only want to buy warfarin-free wild hog meat,’ we do not know a way that we could guarantee that. And that’s a problem to me.”

Herring said he’d since secured Rep. Kyle Kacal, R-Bryan, as primary sponsor for legislation that would require study of chemicals before they are approved. The deadline to file bills for the current state legislative session is Friday.

Click here for more on this report at Express-News.com.

Tenfold concentration of the poison at each level of the food chain. I would like to see the board of directors each drink a glass of the product. They would certainly show their good faith that way.

Does that mean you ran out of Rum?!

I always have Mount Gay! But to kill them with a gun, you will need a fully automatic weapon. Preferably a 308 with Sub-sonic ammo and a suppressor.

You guys need to learn to read and have some common sense! These hogs have to eat POUNDS of this Stuff! The burial thing is just government BS! There is no way any non target species, in any numbers, will die from this product or eating dead hogs.

You outfitters signing this petition may find the to hard to find landowners in the future to hunt on because we support this product. I bet you don't make squat selling hog hunts versus trophy deer hunts. I know I'm in that business.

Those of you that think eating feral hog is a good idea in the first place are off your rocker! They have more diseases than ANY other animal you can kill and eat! You HAVE to use gloves to gut one! A coon would taste better in my opinion. Feral hog meat sucks!

One thing is for sure and that is that Texas is a private land state and you guys have no say over my property and MY management of MY property! Thank goodness!
Regards,
Philip

I hope all of you guys signing with the petition understand that Change.org is a far left, crazy, communist, animal rights organization set up by the far left end of the Democratic Party. You've now put your name on the enemy's website!
Regards,
Philip

I guess I have a question. If they poison them thousands of animals what happens to the tens of thousands of animals that eat on their dead carcasses? I'm no genius but this seems to be an issue. The PR fallout could be disastrous.

Gizmo someone brought Chinese Tallow trees to southwest Louisiana. They grow like wildfire and unchecked they will take over a fallow field, we can and him to the list.

I hope all of you guys signing with the petition understand that Change.org is a far left, crazy, communist, animal rights organization set up by the far left end of the Democratic Party. You've now put your name on the enemy's website!
Regards,
Philip
Change.org is one of George Soros pet monsters. The guy is an enemy of anyone who is not on the left side of the fence. The worst thing about him, is he has very deep pockets.

You guys need to learn to read and have some common sense! These hogs have to eat POUNDS of this Stuff! The burial thing is just government BS! There is no way any non target species, in any numbers, will die from this product or eating dead hogs.

You outfitters signing this petition may find the to hard to find landowners in the future to hunt on because we support this product. I bet you don't make squat selling hog hunts versus trophy deer hunts. I know I'm in that business.

Those of you that think eating feral hog is a good idea in the first place are off your rocker! They have more diseases than ANY other animal you can kill and eat! You HAVE to use gloves to gut one! A coon would taste better in my opinion. Feral hog meat sucks!

One thing is for sure and that is that Texas is a private land state and you guys have no say over my property and MY management of MY property! Thank goodness!
Regards,
Philip

The burial thing is the manufacturer's BS, not the Govt. On my property, I will not be using this product. I have too much brush to try and find the damn things. And most importantly, you cannot have cattle in the same pasture as the bait and I am not going to build out a special hog pasture just to kill hogs.

The burial thing is the manufacturer's BS, not the Govt. On my property, I will not be using this product. I have too much brush to try and find the damn things. And most importantly, you cannot have cattle in the same pasture as the bait and I am not going to build out a special hog pasture just to kill hogs.

That's all precautions that are not necessary believe me! I know! It's totally easy to keep cattle out of a hog feeder. Just put it in a pen.
Anyhow my point is do what you want to do on your property and let me do what o want to do in mine. And that is simply not the sentiment of many on this discussion.
Regards
Philip

I guess I have a question. If they poison them thousands of animals what happens to the tens of thousands of animals that eat on their dead carcasses? I'm no genius but this seems to be an issue. The PR fallout could be disastrous.

Gizmo someone brought Chinese Tallow trees to southwest Louisiana. They grow like wildfire and unchecked they will take over a fallow field, we can and him to the list.

Sorry but it does not kill a second time. This is not strictnine! Even 1080 which we manufacture but is only used on dingos in AU does it kill a second time. This has been studied to death all you well meaning guys questions have already been addressed or this would not be legal!
Sorry to sound so mad about this but we have been fighting this battle for decades now and this is a solution that can work.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross