Texas to feral pigs: It's time for the 'hog apocalypse' to begin

You guys need to learn to read and have some common sense! These hogs have to eat POUNDS of this Stuff! The burial thing is just government BS! There is no way any non target species, in any numbers, will die from this product or eating dead hogs.

You outfitters signing this petition may find the to hard to find landowners in the future to hunt on because we support this product. I bet you don't make squat selling hog hunts versus trophy deer hunts. I know I'm in that business.

Those of you that think eating feral hog is a good idea in the first place are off your rocker! They have more diseases than ANY other animal you can kill and eat! You HAVE to use gloves to gut one! A coon would taste better in my opinion. Feral hog meat sucks!

One thing is for sure and that is that Texas is a private land state and you guys have no say over my property and MY management of MY property! Thank goodness!
Regards,
Philip

I've seen ticks on some of the hogs that I've killed and eaten, but out of curiosity what other diseases do they carry? Are these diseases whose harmful effects are killed off through cooking?

Trichinosis for one, but you can freeze the meat and kill that. I guess if someone wanted to get into the vitamin K business and use it as an antidote for warfarin you could put pounds of that out and keep your properties hogs alive!!! But in all seriousness, if you did put out rid x for mice, it does kill feral cats when they eat the infected mice or rats. I'm sure the coyote and raccoon population would go down some. Maybe the quail population would rebound with the loss of rooting hogs and dead predators!!

So much for the "Hog Apocalypse" the product is withdrawn in Texas. The family owned manufacturer did not want to deal with the threatened lawsuit from the likes of the Texas Hog Hunters Association and others.

When these vermin are treated like a renewable resource for hunting and trapping, we will never get rid of them.

So much for the "Hog Apocalypse" the product is withdrawn in Texas. The family owned manufacturer did not want to deal with the threatened lawsuit from the likes of the Texas Hog Hunters Association and others.

When these vermin are treated like a renewable resource for hunting and trapping, we will never get rid of them.

Can't understand the withdrawal. It's just like any poison....used subject to restrictions and at a land owners discretion. If a land owner wants the hogs gone it's one more tool. If the guy next door doesn't he will not use the poison.

Can't understand the withdrawal. It's just like any poison....used subject to restrictions and at a land owners discretion. If a land owner wants the hogs gone it's one more tool. If the guy next door doesn't he will not use the poison.

Well when you have the Texas Hog Hunters Association, Texas Wildlife Association and others wanting to sue and Wild Boar Meats has sued over the use because it impacts the business they represent, and your a small mom and pop shop you have to decide: (1) spend all the profit you would make on lawyers (and I don't have a problem with that) or (2) go elsewhere.

The reason for the hog problem is the reason the RSA has a ton of animals and Kenya does not. If it pays it stays, and hogs pay and pay well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!