Testing 404 Jeffery

I bet those kicked! That's a lot of gas per mass. I'm not familiar with 2208 powder. I tried 4895 with 307 gr Hammer bullets and my 404 was too much to handle from the bench. Group was also not great so I threw in the towel. But the barrel wasn't broken in yet. I should try them again.
@Ontario Hunter
2208 is Varget in your neck of the woods
Bob
 
I use just the weight of the lead sled with my shoulder behind it on its pad. Plenty of weight absorbs nicely at least up to my 404J and hevi-shot turkey which are my largest recoil loads so far. Never had any issues with scopes, red dots or stocks.
 
I am getting 2250 fps with 69.5 RL 15 and a 1/2” of filler 400 gr CEB solids, without the filler my velocity was bouncing around quite a bit (50-75fps), with the filler got 2250,2253,2250, i stopped there, grouped about 1/2” but only at 75 yds, ready for elephant, now i need to load up some Barnes TSX and see if they have same point of impact for buff
what do you mean by a 'filler'?
 
I use about an inch on my .416 Rigby , but less on the .404, i just eyeball the powder level and take a good guess, i really dont measure it. Not sure it matters exactly how much
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,175
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top