Ted Nugent

First, I'll adress the subhuman mongol comment. You dot have to be Einstein to understand why I don't like public figures making inflammatory and potentially racist remarks. You may argue that this is an overreaction, but I think it is not. You say that it s just political correctness gone too far, but I disagree. I do agree that political correctness has gone too far in some cases, like involving comedy, but not in this case. By putting himself on the public stage and directly saying this to the president is far out of line. Is it a direct racial slur? Maybe not. But is it inflammatory enough to start a racial conflagration? Possibly. In any event, name calling is not what being an American is about.

When it comes to background checks, I will admit that they have been botched in most cases by bureaucracy. Honestly, eat is wrong with these four simple questions: 1)are you of legal age to buy a gun? 2)are you an American citizen? 3)are you a convicted felon? 4)are you mentally insane? You say that people will still get guns anyway, and I don't doubt that. All I'm saying is that why will they buy guns on the black market if they oils just walk into a gun store and do it for cheaper and easier? I have seen far too many men convicted of domestic abuse and rape be in possession of firearms that were bought in a gun store to believe that background checks would be ineffective.

Ted Nugent Explains ?Black Power 2013? Tour Name

Racist pig,,,,, TN is a fan of the black race, and like many others would like to see them prosper as a functioning part of society.

Gimme a break. He is referring to a man HALF black and HALF white, and since when did political agendas become a race????.....

As for the last statement of you most recent post, crime statistics from around the globe prove otherwise. Criminals will always have guns, whether we are referring to the conventional term "criminal" or non-conventional criminals, makes no difference. If criminals want them they will get them. I was LEO for many years, dealt with federal inmates who told me they would get them when they got out, they HAD to have them.

Ted Nugent's comment is free speech - it is protected by the first amendment.

In regard to background checks to ascertain if one is a US Citizen - you do not need to be a US Citizen to purchase a firearm. The Bill of Rights protects people who live in the United States (not only citizens).

I think this thread boils down to a simple element, either you believe in civil liberties and freedoms or you do not. I am in the former category and feel you should be able to say anything you want as it is the definition of freedom. When I was younger I often heard the phrase "it is a free country, man". Unfortunately, we do not hear that anymore.

Racist is an empty Marxist concept, a meaningless word. Why should we all be enslaved by our enemy's dictionary?

First, I'll adress the subhuman mongol comment. You dot have to be Einstein to understand why I don't like public figures making inflammatory and potentially racist remarks. You may argue that this is an overreaction, but I think it is not. You say that it s just political correctness gone too far, but I disagree. I do agree that political correctness has gone too far in some cases, like involving comedy, but not in this case. By putting himself on the public stage and directly saying this to the president is far out of line. Is it a direct racial slur? Maybe not. But is it inflammatory enough to start a racial conflagration? Possibly. In any event, name calling is not what being an American is about.

When it comes to background checks, I will admit that they have been botched in most cases by bureaucracy. Honestly, eat is wrong with these four simple questions: 1)are you of legal age to buy a gun? 2)are you an American citizen? 3)are you a convicted felon? 4)are you mentally insane? You say that people will still get guns anyway, and I don't doubt that. All I'm saying is that why will they buy guns on the black market if they oils just walk into a gun store and do it for cheaper and easier? I have seen far too many men convicted of domestic abuse and rape be in possession of firearms that were bought in a gun store to believe that background checks would be ineffective.

Somehow that last sentence escapes logic. If those you mention bought their guns in a gun store..they had to go thru a background check, no? So if they did, why weren't they denied?:confused:

One other point I would like to make without pointing fingers at any one. Their has been a lot of hand wringing about our image as hunters and how TN is ruining that image. This would of course depend entirely on the viewpoint of the person reacting to his rants. I for one am not offended at all by anything TN has said about our worthless 'Dear Leader". Also and I hate to say this but our image as hunters while important may not actually be the most important part of this debate, here or elsewhere. To my mind, the most important issue at hand is the destruction of this country largely at the hands of the current occupant of the White House and his googoo eyed followers in govt and around the country. If this ass is not checked by someone, we wont have to worry about our image as hunters because there will no hunting allowed. We are being ourselves enslaved little by little. The more govt does for you, the more it can do to you.

Somehow that last sentence escapes logic. If those you mention bought their guns in a gun store..they had to go thru a background check, no? So if they did, why weren't they denied?:confused:

Everyone thinks you can regulate everything...control things.. Hmm, I don't think so. LOL, that is what dictator does.

One other point I would like to make without pointing fingers at any one. Their has been a lot of hand wringing about our image as hunters and how TN is ruining that image. This would of course depend entirely on the viewpoint of the person reacting to his rants. I for one am not offended at all by anything TN has said about our worthless 'Dear Leader". Also and I hate to say this but our image as hunters while important may not actually be the most important part of this debate, here or elsewhere. To my mind, the most important issue at hand is the destruction of this country largely at the hands of the current occupant of the White House and his googoo eyed followers in govt and around the country. If this ass is not checked by someone, we wont have to worry about our image as hunters because there will no hunting allowed. We are being ourselves enslaved little by little. The more govt does for you, the more it can do to you.

I agree 100 percent with you!

Same here X2...There is a much broader picture to consider....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.