Taxidermy work is done.....now what?

Also for the record, hunted trophies are banned from being transported via container sea freight.

@roberq ,

Can you expand upon this a little bit? No trophies via sea freight back to the states at all? What the reason for this?

And it sounds like @Deleted member 15212 found someone to do it. So what happens if the freight get to LA? Any risk of his not receiving his trophies?

Lastly, I hope others will take advantage of checking with us before undertaking any decisions regarding exports or imports because this is what we do 24/7 and worldwide.

By the way, I talked to Tara today. My trophies are just about ready. :A Banana:

And folks, check with Robert. If you decide not to use him that's fine, but it is worth the time to check. It was worth the stress relief for me personally. I agree with @tarbe comments above.

Last edited by a moderator:
we have 7 offices: NY, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, LA and San Francisco...........
Did not realize that one Robert. That is interesting news to me.

Also for the record, hunted trophies are banned from being transported via container sea freight.
When did this take place? and secondly is this only to the USA?

@roberq ,

Can you comment please? I looked pretty extensively on the web and can't find anything suggesting that ocean trophy freight is banned? Coppersmith also still lists it as an option on their website.

Can you expand upon this a little bit? No trophies via sea freight back to the states at all? What the reason for this?

And it sounds like @Deleted member 15212 found someone to do it. So what happens if the freight get to LA? Any risk of his not receiving his trophies?

When did this take place? and secondly is this only to the USA?

I heard for certain species like lions and elephant it was banned. It was a business decision, I didn't hear anything about other plains game animals??????

I heard for certain species like lions and elephant it was banned. It was a business decision, I didn't hear anything about other plains game animals??????

The only thing I've seen is MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company ). I'm not saying others haven't done the same, but it sure isn't easy to find like the airlines were.

And it doesn't sound like @Deleted member 15212 is having a problem shipping lion via ocean.

I would like to continue shipping by ocean freight. For mounted animals you save money 90%+ of the time.

Hello Royal,
Yes, you are correct.
By going to the individual ocean lines website, they will indicate the ban. It's just like the individual airlines.
That being said, I can't tell you why others are not being honest about this or perhaps they are not updating their website? I don't know and don't really care because we are on top of it for the folks we represent. Also as a side note, if anyone IS bringing in trophies via ocean, they are clearly not declaring the correct description as we have caught some companies doing and we don't care to know why because it's their problem. A couple of others that have the ban are Maersk and Safmarine. There are more but I don't have the time to go through every single one. These are the biggest and the most frequently used lines and as soon as there is any formal change, we will let you know here. Did Coppersmith post the airline ban on their website? Just because it's on their website, it doesn't mean it's true. Also, there is lots going on behind the scenes dealing with hunted trophies that we do not say anything about in order to not create panic. Remember what just happened with the supposed ban on hunted trophies from Tanzania?
All this does is create panic and there is no need for it. That's why we created SSI....we deal with the problem so our clients don't have to.
Rest easy.
Robert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg