Taxidermy Progress Reports

nice, the kudu has a kind of surprised look on his face , is that because of the snow or that he finally made it? ;)

I just wanted him to know the alternative living arrangement I could make for him if he caused any more trouble. I did notice a little shiver.

Brickburn,
I have enjoyed reading your posts on your Trophy's coming home. Some days it was easy to read the pain in your words. I just received word today that mine left Jo-Berg for San Francisco. I hope they get here a tad bit smother than your experience. Love that Kudu.

Brickburn,
I have enjoyed reading your posts on your Trophy's coming home. Some days it was easy to read the pain in your words. I just received word today that mine left Jo-Berg for San Francisco. I hope they get here a tad bit smother than your experience. Love that Kudu.

I hope your trophies arrive safe and sound.

Makes a big difference whats actually in the crate you are shipping as to how much you seem to care, thats for sure.

You becoming blindingly aware how little influence you actually have.

I figured it out for entertainment.
I was present for about 0.16% of the Kudu's travels.
27.5 Km out of 16,879.5 Km give or take ten feet. :)

Well its been an interesting journey thats for sure. What I have learned from all of this is that Gemsbok always circle back to where the started out and Kudu are never where you expect them to be. Does that about sum it up? LOL

I do like the Kudu mount. I have seen many mounts with one ear back, just never back in Africa!

Im glad everything is where it belongs, now you can finally get some sleep at night!!!

My boss is still fighting with Safari Cargo, his PH has all but abandoned the fight but Hunters & Collectors who did his dip/pack/tanning have been in constant contact and are still diligently trying to resolve the situation. I hope his story ends as well as yours.

Diamond, that is a good summation.

I feel for your boss.

Bought some Nooses today. Thx.

Here are the two crates from the last two shipments. Both shaken out to ensure no other Kudu are hiding in them.
I'll follow up in another thread about relative shipping costs between these shipments.

watermark.php

Here are the preliminary storage placements of a couple of my spiral horns.
If you sit in one chair in particular you may end up with a paranoid complex. They both stare right at you.

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good but that Nyala has alot of weight to the right of the hanger. You better watch that it doesnt tip just a bit more everytime the door is slammed or he'll be doing a swan dive with a not so graceful landing. If it does try to twist on you I have hangers for that too ;)

I keep watching him. Pushed him around a bunch to try to make sure.
I do get the urge to grab the nail gun and toe nail the back side into the wall.

I do get the urge to grab the nail gun and toe nail the back side into the wall.

Good idea BB! I have basically the same Nyala mount. When I hung him, I pushed, prodded and otherwise tried to get him to fall. He was steady as could be hanging about 12 feet above the stairs going down into the basement. I got down off the ladder and my buddy and I were standing back admiring him with my wife down on the staircase.

Just about that time his horns went from 12 o'clock to 6 and then fell off the bolt!! Horns went straight into a step and his "skull" cracked open bringing me damn near to tears. My local taxidermist did a most amazing job fixing him and truly if I hadn't told you and you saw him on the wall, you'd never know. But I'd really hate for you to go through this.

Turns out per my taxi that the mounting hole was not centered properly. He redrilled the hole and put one of those "noose" brackets on. That did the trick!

Stand back with your bow and send one through his neck and into the wall. That ought to do it.

Aren't those crates refundable. Send them back. I think you get 1/2 your money back.

Those are outstanding trophys BRICK. Lots of memories. Enjoy their company.You earned it.

Stand back with your bow and send one through his neck and into the wall. That ought to do it.

Aren't those crates refundable. Send them back. I think you get 1/2 your money back.

Those are outstanding trophys BRICK. Lots of memories. Enjoy their company.You earned it.

Thanks, they are great trophies.

If I shoot my bow at that wall I'll knock the neighbour off with a pass through!
Good suggestion on the refund idea. If I send it back maybe I'll get a discount on filling it back up.

I can send it by your place to.
Sleeping bag, bucket and some water and I could rent it to your bride to practice her blind sitting! :)
Cheap rates!

I can send it by your place to.
Sleeping bag, bucket and some water and I could rent it to your bride to practice her blind sitting! :)
Cheap rates!

Very funny. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusM4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you