Hyde Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
life member NRA,CowBoy Fast Draw
just notified my items from last April are ready to go to the shipper so contacted Coppersmith for exact address for them and in talking to Laura she told me the first stop has to be Atlanta to clear USDA first before continuing to Chicago does that sound correct?

just notified my items from last April are ready to go to the shipper so contacted Coppersmith for exact address for them and in talking to Laura she told me the first stop has to be Atlanta to clear USDA first before continuing to Chicago does that sound correct?
They will have to be cleared by USDA and USFWS at the point of entry into the US. After this inspection they are shipped to you by Coppersmiths or to your taxidermist. Coppersmiths will handle all of the logistics. I’ve used them 3 times and D&L customs house brokers once based in Chicago and have no complaints about either.

if I remember correctly USDA is $30 for the first 5 animals and $5 each after the first 5, I don’t remember if USFW charges or not unless a CITES animal is included. I think CITES clearance was $90, these numbers may be off a bit but it’s been about a year since I’ve cleared a crate. Some more recent importers should chime in shortly.

Didn't you get a quote from Laura? Or is your concern possible overages/surprises? Coppersmith delivered to my taxidermist Friday. $1,607 total for everything this side of the pond. (7 animals) CITES inspection was $93.

I told her I was going to get prices from Candor Cargo and Badger Cargo and she rec another company she never has said they can handle everything from her end

Didn't you get a quote from Laura? Or is your concern possible overages/surprises? Coppersmith delivered to my taxidermist Friday. $1,607 total for everything this side of the pond. (7 animals) CITES inspection was $93.
Brod, well everything is a go with Laura at Coppersmiths and Pieter at Badger Cargo 1200 plus Coppersmiths fee and of course local fees here in about a month should be ready to pick up in Chicago unless it is cheaper to ship to So Dakota than drive

Brod, well everything is a go with Laura at Coppersmiths and Pieter at Badger Cargo 1200 plus Coppersmiths fee and of course local fees here in about a month should be ready to pick up in Chicago unless it is cheaper to ship to So Dakota than drive
That sounds right and glad to hear you have some resolution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross