Swift A-Frame & Trophy Bonded Bearclaw Performance

I actually emailed federal today wondering if they are producing any of the 375 ammo.

View attachment 302887

Just back from a month in Africa. I thought I’d share some recovered bullets.

Right: 7 mm, 175 gr Swift A-Frame recovered from a Nyala. 2300 fps muzzle velocity (7x57), 180 yd shot, 1 shot kill, recovered weight 168 gr (96%)

Center: 9.3 mm, 286 gr swift A-Frame recovered from a Cape buffalo. 2450 fps muzzle velocity (9.3x62), 50 yd shot, 1 shot kill, recovered weight 275 gr (96%)

Left: .45, 500 gr trophy bonded bear claw recovered from a Cape buffalo. 2300 fps muzzle velocity (.458 Lott), 100 yd shot, 1 shot kill, recovered weight 470 gr (94%)

In my opinion this level of performance is as good as it gets. Not to mention that each of these loads shoot sub moa. You know that you can put the bullet where it needs to go and trust that it will do it’s job when it gets there.
I need some quality go to factory ammo for the 458 Lott I just bought and my usual favourite swift A-frames are not currently available in Australia in factory ammo but the TBBC is. Looks like they perform really well! I think the Federal Capeshok loaded with TBBC is going to be my pick. Thanks for the pics!

Be aware of when the Trophy Bonded bullets were manufactured as Federal made changes to both of Carters products and both failed which is recorded in Doctari’s and Van Der Walts books. The Sledgehammers jackets were fracturing.
Supposedly Federal was correcting the issue.

View attachment 302887

Just back from a month in Africa. I thought I’d share some recovered bullets.

Right: 7 mm, 175 gr Swift A-Frame recovered from a Nyala. 2300 fps muzzle velocity (7x57), 180 yd shot, 1 shot kill, recovered weight 168 gr (96%)

Center: 9.3 mm, 286 gr swift A-Frame recovered from a Cape buffalo. 2450 fps muzzle velocity (9.3x62), 50 yd shot, 1 shot kill, recovered weight 275 gr (96%)

Left: .45, 500 gr trophy bonded bear claw recovered from a Cape buffalo. 2300 fps muzzle velocity (.458 Lott), 100 yd shot, 1 shot kill, recovered weight 470 gr (94%)

In my opinion this level of performance is as good as it gets. Not to mention that each of these loads shoot sub moa. You know that you can put the bullet where it needs to go and trust that it will do it’s job when it gets there.

My Ruger #1 375 H&H loves the Federal factory rounds topped with either of these bullets and like you I have been pleased with the results!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois