If they did that is handloaders would be mad they weren’t selling components.Now if only they would restock the complete ammunition.


Well, I kind meant they could sell complete ammunition while still selling components.If they did that is handloaders would be mad they weren’t selling components.![]()
I know I was half joking as it seems companies can only do one or the other. Just like at trophy bonded bear claw which is now impossible to source as a component.Well, I kind meant they could sell complete ammunition while still selling components.
I have seen it said that federal made a decision not to offer it as a component any more. not sure how true it is.I know I was half joking as it seems companies can only do one or the other. Just like at trophy bonded bear claw which is now impossible to source as a component.
I grow weary of "waiting" for these cattle ranchers turned bullet makers to be able to make enough to make them dependable suppliers.
If he were an exec with Pepsi then he should know that “fame is fleeting” and if you don’t take care of your customers someone else will.
Barnes has done that.
The A-Frame is the most predictable terminal performer I have ever used.Having said that, I stick to using Swift A-Frames because they just work.
Figures....I don't think he cares much. From the interviews I've seen with him, seems like just a hobby project for him. Very lackadaisical.
Agree. It is all too easy to cast stones from the peanut gallery, while holding incomplete information.Seems to me there is a lot of criticism directed personally to Bill Hober. I have only talked to him one time but he was very good to answer my questions. IMO, Swift has considerable difficulty obtaining the type of copper alloy they want for their bullets. At this time, I would give Swift a break. If I get other information, I'll let you know.
The man has run the company over 30 years and is in his 80’s. I’m grateful he’s still making bullets because they are the best available for dangerous game. I’d take quality over quantity any day for hunting bullets. If you’d like quantity there’s always Hornady.Figures....
Outside-industry execs move into gun products as an opportunity, but don't have our passion.
I agree about the quality terminal ballistics, and gave Swift A-Frames very good ink in my book Safari Dreams and elsewhere. It's probably my favorite DG bullet, and I like 180gr .30 Sciroccos, too.The man has run the company over 30 years and is in his 80’s. I’m grateful he’s still making bullets because they are the best available for dangerous game. I’d take quality over quantity any day for hunting bullets. If you’d like quantity there’s always Hornady.
This is a post from 15 Sep 2024. Exactly two years ago.I have been looking for some swift .375 and when I get to looking it seems every caliber from .270 on up has a unavailable on the swift website, I presume swift has just made a choice to faze them out and ramp production of the Socorro
Also seems Speer has discontinued the grand slam in .375 ?