Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life Member SCI, Benefactor NRA, NMLRA.
Hunted
RSA, Namibia
I have another listing offering this scope as a trade for a particular model S&B but have not had any luck. This one has been mounted but you can't tell it. $2700 shipped to US address only. PM if interested.

thumbnail_20230101_152909.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that asked.

thumbnail_20230303_161842.jpg

I have been asked if this is a Gen 1 or Gen 2. I can tell you that with the illumination turned on it shuts off when the scope is turned 90 degrees or so and comes back on automatically when turned to the upright position. My understanding is that is a feature of the Gen 2 models.

I have been asked if this is a Gen 1 or Gen 2. I can tell you that with the illumination turned on it shuts off when the scope is turned 90 degrees or so and comes back on automatically when turned to the upright position. My understanding is that is a feature of the Gen 2 models.

Unbelievably good price @Dirtdart for an EE. I've seen these sell for over four grand. The CDS circle dot reticle is the preferred choice for leopard and lion hunters.

It's dumbfounding to me its been on here for more than a few hours.

EE = Extended Eye Relief. 5"+ of eye relief for a dangerous game rifle. Discontinued. Never going to be made again. Finest DG scope ever made and likely ever will be made.

Unbelievably good price @Dirtdart for an EE. I've seen these sell for over four grand. The CDS circle dot reticle is the preferred choice for leopard and lion hunters.

It's dumbfounding to me its been on here for more than a few hours.

EE = Extended Eye Relief. 5"+ of eye relief for a dangerous game rifle. Discontinued. Never going to be made again. Finest DG scope ever made and likely ever will be made.

Yep, mine is not, and will not be, for sale. Heck of a scope. Hard to believe how they’ve gone up in value.

Last edited:
Yep, mine is not, and will not be, for sale. Heck of a scope. Hard to believe how they’ve gone up in value.
I have spoken to Dirtdart about this scope. Great guy and very knowledgeable. If this was a different reticle I would buy it. Some folks love the CD-I as mentioned by rookhawk. These are excellent scopes for the big boomers.

I have spoken to Dirtdart about this scope. Great guy and very knowledgeable. If this was a different reticle I would buy it. Some folks love the CD-I as mentioned by rookhawk. These are excellent scopes for the big boomers.

Mine had that reticle. I don’t like it as the illuminated circle washes out the target in low light. I had Swarovski swap out the reticle for a German #4 (or something very similar). They offer this service at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
I have this rifle stock gizmo that comes in handy to compare scopes side by side. The diameter of the "circle" on the Z6I CD-I is smaller than the 4A-IF reticle on the Z8I. I feel better knowing that I do not have the "washout" issue with the intensity properly adjusted for me with the CD-I reticle. I would not have given it much thought were it not for the comments.

thumbnail_20230307_163917.jpg

I’m glad it works for you. I made the decision to swap reticles after testing on deer behind the house at low light. It was an issue for me, but I am very, very picky on optics.

Regardless, it’s a great scope and if someone prefers a different reticle it’s an easy fix.

This scope is a Gen 2 manufactured in 2014. Thanks for the info @RR 314 !

$2600 shipped to US address.

Hi, is it an illuminated red dot as opposed to the circle?

Illuminated circle and dot.
thumbnail_20230417_111802.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.