Swaro Z8i Battery Change Question

I have seen a flat battery leak. To be fair it was in cheap watch and was probably low quality. I would just change the battery before hunting season and don’t bother with the spare.

I have seen a flat battery leak. To be fair it was in cheap watch and was probably low quality. I would just change the battery before hunting season and don’t bother with the spare.
Yeah I see your point. But I wear a belt and suspenders. ;)

Knipex Cobra on a Swaro? You’re braver than me!

One of the tricks is to buy the right battery. There are a lot of very bad batteries and cheap knockoffs. Generally the easiest path for the consumer is to stick with Energizer in the US and avoid Duracell at all costs. There are other good brands but most, like Varta, are hard to find in the US.

in my current business manufacturing medical devices, we have ISO tests for batteries and Energizer regularly hits the top while Duracell is most often a goat. Amazon sell bulk packs, recommended.

I remove all batteries from optics at the end of hunting season and place each one in a x-small zipper bag with info written on the bag (date, what it came out of, etc.). When I go to Africa, I start with all new batterers and leave them with the PH when I leave. CR2032 are supposed to be non-corrosive and do not leak, but as per the Standing Orders "Don't never take a chance you don't have to".

@Challer: I find your experience with the Duracell vs Energizer interesting. I never do ISO tests, but I get much more life with Duracell than any other. Energizer AA/AAA batteries do good to last a month in my game cams and lights, but I get 3-5 months with the Duracell. Not sure on the CR2032 as I have never had one go dead.

Safe shooting and Happy Holidays

Knipex Cobra on a Swaro? You’re braver than me!
It worked out with no damage or marring to the cap. Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MayJason

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg