Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA - Life, DU - Committee Chairman
Hunted
U.S, Mexico, Argentina, South Africa - Limpopo, North West
And I thought hitting a white tail was bad..

IMG_1598.JPG

Doesn't look like much fun to me. Bruce

That horn in the door... Ouch!!!

Wow that's intense... but I have to say that they got lucky that the hood went up into the windshield preventing the Eland from entering the cabin.

WTF....... That's crazy

How hard did that Eland hit that it broke it's horn. Good Lord that is scary.

WOW! Horn in the door! Wonder if the insurance company covered this?

The Eastern Cape has these free ranging Eland in the New Bethesda, Cradock , Hofmeyer areas . These are in the Sneeuburg mountain ranges north of Graaff-Reinet.
This incident was roughly 40-50km north of me as the crow flies.

Their numbers are growing and this is the first case I've seen where they have been hit by a car.

In Australia, it sometimes is a Kangaroo, the problem is they "bound" along, straight through the windscreen. sometimes they kick the s$*t out of the occupants, before going out through the back window; very few of those involved survive....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElidaFisch

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.