Supressors good and bad?

I have the silencerco Omega 300 and love it. I take it from my 300 win mag to 223, 6.5 prc, 30-06, and 25-06. It is ridiculously quiet and with the military discount offered by Silencerco, was hard to go any other route.

Yes TBAC is the cream and they are not that cheap.
Have
TBAC Dominus 30 cal
TBAC 338 ultra gen ll 338 cal
KGM R30T 30 cal
KGM R30K 30 cal
Diligent Defense Enticer S-Ti 30 cal
Area 419 Maverick 30 cal (this is more competition based)

2023 SILENCER SUMMIT SOUND TEST RESULTS

A good resource to help figure out what you want.

Attachments

• 2023 SILENCER SUMMIT SOUND TEST RESULTS.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 50
Only listed the 30 cal cans and above I run. Did not list anything smaller than 30 cal. If you want to start talking about hard use can....we can get into that too.

I would personally stay far far away from anything Dead air makes right now. Their QC has been less than acceptable IMHO.

I have 2 silencerco omega 300 and one hybrid 46. just received ATF approval (172 day wait) for 2 additional Amtac rongo over the barrel .30 cal. My wife and I enjoy being able to shoot and hunt with suppressors. The process is irritating compared to other countries but it is manageable.

Only listed the 30 cal cans and above I run. Did not list anything smaller than 30 cal. If you want to start talking about hard use can....we can get into that too.

I would personally stay far far away from anything Dead air makes right now. Their QC has been less than acceptable IMHO.
Wow ok thanks for that I was leaning towards dead air since I haven't seen anything bad about them yet.

Yeah I would def prefer that type but I didn't know they were called telescopic. I don't think most of the ones in looking at are built like that though
Telescopic is possibly not the best choice of word. We call those an “over barrel” moderator. the moderator comes back over your barrel so that the weight isn’t dangling off the end too much.

I know Dead Air had some issues a couple of years ago with the threading on some of their adapters, but I haven't heard anything negative about them beyond that. I also have their KEYMO QD adapter on my can and several of their brakes and have had no issues with any of them. A friend has a Nomad 30 and has had no problems with it either. Both cans are a couple of years old, but Dead Air seems to be a standup company with good customer service if you require it.

I have also shot a SilencerCo Harvester and it was a very nice option too, especially for hunting since it weighs less than a lot of other options.

i use the silencerco hybrid (now the hybrid 46). I'm very pleased with it. Full auto rated, magnum rated and modular. I can run it on my AR15 for everyday ranch use then swap out end pieces and put it on my deer rifle then swap again and put on my .375 H&H. I even have a piston attachment to run it on a 9 mm pistol. very versatile.

I know Dead Air had some issues a couple of years ago with the threading on some of their adapters, but I haven't heard anything negative about them beyond that. I also have their KEYMO QD adapter on my can and several of their brakes and have had no issues with any of them. A friend has a Nomad 30 and has had no problems with it either. Both cans are a couple of years old, but Dead Air seems to be a standup company with good customer service if you require it.

I have also shot a SilencerCo Harvester and it was a very nice option too, especially for hunting since it weighs less than a lot of other options.

They have had some heat treating issues causing baffles to come apart, some cans failed as in the body failed. They seem to always take care of the problems. My time to get the can in the first place is not worth taking a risk on shipping it off for repair when they have known issues. That is just my personal opinion, anything can fail. For myself it is not worth the risk.

I have the silencerco Omega 300 and love it. I take it from my 300 win mag to 223, 6.5 prc, 30-06, and 25-06. It is ridiculously quiet and with the military discount offered by Silencerco, was hard to go any other route.

I’ve got the same unit and love it. The only downside is weight. I’ve just received the tax stamp on a backcountry but don’t have it in hand yet.

For the price point (lower cost) it’s hard to beat Yankee Hill Machine (YHM)…

I’ve got a YHM Resonator K.. and just ordered a YHM R45…

Stellar performance, durable, and very modular/adaptable across a variety of platforms and calibers … at a very reasonable price…
I have a YHM as well it’s fantastic

My two favorites would be TBAC and Dead Air, preferring a Ti one for more reasonable weight. I will have to do a little more research myself on QC issues with Dead Air.

With silencers, volume is a big piece of performance. So generally a shorter one won’t silence as well. That’s where listening to some in person can be real handy. Also, if shooters are being honest, a silencer doesn’t make any bullet hearing safe if it is supersonic. Ear pro is still an appropriate option. The silencers certainly help with noise reduction and recoil reduction (though a good brake will reduce recoil better than a silencer). IMO, the reduced noise of using a suppressor does give a better outcome of the animals reaction/response to the shot.

I have extensive use of the Banish suppressors, the last being the .338. I cannot think of trying anything else, excellent quality, warranty, customer service, all Titanium except the .338 which has an Inconel blast baffle. The ability to disassemble to clean is a no brainer! They make the process very easy also. I guess they do have a good marketing campaign, he is a good businessman. They are manufactured by Mack Bros.

I have been using the SilencerCo Omega 300 for anything 30 caliber & smaller and couldn’t be happier. Now, if I can just get the ATF to approve my 46M, I’ll be set for the larger calibers.

When you get ready to buy, check out Capital Armory online. Very easy to deal with and can ship the can to most states where they are legal.

absuppressor.com

I don't yet have a supressor but after using one in SA I'm going to order one probably next month but which? It'll be a 30 cal first and used in my 300wm and 308win with subs for pigs. I hear a lot about the Banish line but also hear their not as good as they claim they just have great marketing. Nothing but good talk about Thunderbeast but they are HIGH. So what do you guys use and recommend? The subs in 308 probably won't no used past 150 yards but the 300WM obviously will be much further so accuracy is top of the list then decibel suppression then size and weight. The 300 has a 24" barrel already so I'd rather not have a 14" can on top of that. Thanks for the help guys
You should look at the Precision Rifle Series guys and see what they are using as they are squeezing the most accuracy they can out of the system, bbbbbut don't lose sight of the first round pop performance as you're not going to be shooting high volume. Maybe you can find the accurate and quiet solution. So many things are a compromise in silencer choice from QA/QD to user serviceable to first round pop to accuracy at POI shift.
For example my QA 30 caliber can is made by a company called Ballistics Research and Machine out of Jacksonville, NC. It is well suited for .300 BLK, 5.56, and .300WM and transfers between hosts rapidly with repeatable POI shift. It's about an inch and a half with the 5.56 supersonic and I couldn't tell you in .300 BLK or WM as I haven't run them unsuppressed, but the point is it doesn't change between mountings. Be sure to get an alignment rod to make sure you're not going to strike the baffles if you are doing QA/QD applications between several host guns.
I agree 100%. The reason I never paid much attention before is that bs tax stamp but after using one in SA (where guns are restricted heavily but supressors are not, go figure) I think it's worth it. But I still hate it
The Acronym Tyranny Farce is a really unnecessary organization that has the utility of a midwife for a mule.

Strongly suggest you pursue a trust for your silencer. This way you can add trustees to the paperwork after approval and they can legally possess the device in your absence...from bathroom breaks at the range to them hunting with it without your presence to who has the combination to that safe it's kept in. Silencers aren't that much trouble to use and transport after the wait and silly tax. Would recommend you get it transferred to you by an FFL-SOT that will let you shoot with it during the waiting period for approval. It works like this: You buy it and pay for it in full, it transfers from the manufacturer to the FFL-SOT rather quickly and simply, then you wait until the interpretive thieves of constitutional rights deem you worthy to be trusted with a tube they will never again care about unless it involves money for them...

You should look at the Precision Rifle Series guys and see what they are using as they are squeezing the most accuracy they can out of the system, bbbbbut don't lose sight of the first round pop performance as you're not going to be shooting high volume. Maybe you can find the accurate and quiet solution.

Anyone that is super serious about PRS and running suppressor will be using an Area 419 Maverick. They are built for that, not that quite. They are built to mitigate recoil and not create blast like a brake. PRS is a different animal altogether, it is built for a specific purpose (get as many shooters through as many stages as possible).

Another point to add, a couple dBs one way or another is not that noticeable and depending on temps can throw them off that much. We have a lot of good options for reasonable pricing these days.

Until they are no longer restricted by the BATF in the US, I would not purchase one.

Never invite THE MAN into your life.

Everything is good about suppressors except added barrel length and harmonics altering POI. But that’s easily adjusted for. Gemtech tracker is a solid hunting rifle suppresor and reasonable price. Rugged is at the top of the list for performance and service. Silencerco, YHM, thunderbeast, surefire all make solid products. Dead air…I’m 50/50 on..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ASBending

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….