Suitable versatile Rifle types for mixed Bag

Best bang for the money and checking your boxes would be a Winchester M70 Safari Express with a Leupold VX 6 2-12x42 Illuminated scope. I've probably shot more game with mine than any other rifle I own.

If interested i have a CZ 550 in 375 H&H for sale at $1800. Looks nearly as new in the box with the book but not finding the rings right now. Only blemish is it looks to have spent time sitting on tip of recoil pad.

OP - - I were you I would just buy a Model 70 Safari Express in .375 H&H, carry it and shoot it - a lot. When you start thinking/booking an African Hunt you'll probably have plenty of time to decide and order something different if needed. Then take both rifles on your hunt.

Asking for recommendations on this board will net just about everything from A to Z in responses with no clear winner.

Hello folks,

Im am looking around for a suitable big game rifle.

It should be versatile and also be used one day in africa.
Biggest animal would be a buff, not interested in rhino or elephant.

Maybe some day a bear or moose.

With that i am pretty set on a 375 H&H.
This can also be used at home.

Now i am looking around lokal gun shops what is on their shelfs.

Rifle Models i find pleasing so far:
Mauser 98
Blaser r93
Sauer 200
Winchester 70

With the Blaser and Sauer its nice to dissasemble and pack in a smaller case.
Maybe get a barrel to hunt at home and get familiar with that rifle.

Mauser 98 cant never be wrong.

Anything i need to consider or havent seen yet?

Shouldnt be too expensive though.

Love to hear your opinions.

Cheers
Phil
375 H&H crf with a scope.....do not discount a Brno ZKK 602 which you can customize to your needs....

@IvW: could you explain the differences between the 600, 601 and 602 ? I sometimes see these come up for sale.

600 Standard length
601 Short length
602 Magnum length

I have over $6K in my full custom M1917 Enfield build in .375 Weatherby. I wouldn't trade it for anything. My current clone in .458 Lott is coming along nicely. The are MY rifles, built to fit ME. I'd like a Heym 89 double in .470 or .500 Nitro....but am not sure that they are actually better than my made-for-me turn bolts. We'll see how they do and go from there. I can shoot the .375 Roy pretty quickly :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buyproductboxesuk

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.