Stock Makers

I have had Aaron Little of Mineola do an M70 for me and was pleased. He is now restocking a Model 70 on .375 H&H for me.
 

Wood looks nice but I hate it on a working, using, or hunting rifle. Wood is great for a showpiece though. If you’re wanting a showpiece I can’t help you.

The only stock maker I knew died and I’m kicking myself for not getting one of his pieces.
 

Wood looks nice but I hate it on a working, using, or hunting rifle. Wood is great for a showpiece though. If you’re wanting a showpiece I can’t help you.

The only stock maker I knew died and I’m kicking myself for not getting one of his pieces.
I hunt the hell out of my wood stocked rifles! From the deserts of Pima County Arizona for Couse Deer and Desert Mule Deer, to the Desert of of Maricopa County Arizona for Desert Mule Deer, to Sanora Mexico, to the Arizona Strip to the Kaibab, to the Paunsigaunt, to the Colorado Rockies, to Wyoming plains, to Kansas…
Not trying to be rude but I’ve never owned a synthetic stocked rifle that I used to hunt with other than a Ruger Mini-30 that I used for Javelina…
Most of my Winchesters still look great after years and years of hard hunting! My nephew took my 264 Super Grade and took his first deer, a 105” Couse, at 510yards in Catron County New Mexico!
 
I hunt the hell out of my wood stocked rifles! From the deserts of Pima County Arizona for Couse Deer and Desert Mule Deer, to the Desert of of Maricopa County Arizona for Desert Mule Deer, to Sanora Mexico, to the Arizona Strip to the Kaibab, to the Paunsigaunt, to the Colorado Rockies, to Wyoming plains, to Kansas…
Not trying to be rude but I’ve never owned a synthetic stocked rifle that I used to hunt with other than a Ruger Mini-30 that I used for Javelina…
Most of my Winchesters still look great after years and years of hard hunting! My nephew took my 264 Super Grade and took his first deer, a 105” Couse, at 510yards in Catron County New Mexico!
I find wood to be a pain in the you know what.

Especially when going from hot and dry to wet and moist. They look nice but not worth the trouble they cause. There’s better just like some cartridges are better. I’ll take newer cartridges and technological improvements most times when it comes to firearms.

Do I like the look and feel of wood? Yes I do. If I get one of Patrick Holehan’s rifles I’ll have it in Bastogne Walnut but I’ll also have a McMillan stock for hunting.
 
I find wood to be a pain in the you know what.

Especially when going from hot and dry to wet and moist. They look nice but not worth the trouble they cause. There’s better just like some cartridges are better. I’ll take newer cartridges and technological improvements most times when it comes to firearms.

Do I like the look and feel of wood? Yes I do. If I get one of Patrick Holehan’s rifles I’ll have it in Bastogne Walnut but I’ll also have a McMillan stock for hunting.
I’ll take the classics all day long over the so called new tech improvements lol
 
I’ll take the classics all day long over the so called new tech improvements lol
To each their own.

It’s kind of like women. Some like a lady and some like them a little on the trashy side. Wyatt Earp used the most technological handguns of his time. Today he’d probably go to the OK Corral with a Glock. I like seeing the progression of firearms and the technological advancement.

There’s nothing wrong with the classics and if they work for you I’m happy for you. I just don’t find that they work so well for me. Mostly that’s because I’m a Klutz. Give me two hours of hunting and I’ll probably ding the stock. I’d much rather ding a “plastic” stock than a Bastogne Walnut. Also, the environmental factors don’t effect them like wood.
 
Last edited:
I have and use both. My long range rigs are state of the art technology. However, nothing can replace blued steel and walnut.

Image1726139117.614925.jpg

Image1726139142.941603.jpg
 
@vlwtx348 care to share why you disagree?
Everything I've seen of his looks great. I talked to him about restocking a pre64 and he was very responsive.
View attachment 626882 View attachment 626881

Maybe Mineola, TX isn't big enough for two custom rifles makers.

https://www.facebook.com/amlittlebespokegunmaker/


 
Not in Texas but I’ve had Accurate Innovations build a couple for me and I love their work. They were very responsive over the phone and via e mail. The website is fun to look through if nothing else
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,351
Messages
1,573,732
Members
169,841
Latest member
TysonKail
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top