Stock design

Sable_338

New member
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
6
Location
NC, USA
Folks I am new here but I have lurked for information and knowledge off and on for the past few years. Now that I have been baptized in the African bush I feel it appropriate that I officially sign up. I went on my first safari in 2018 and I am already planning the next trip and buffalo is the main quarry. I know I will need to step it up from my trusty .338 Win Mag and have already acquired a .375 Ruger. I plan to purchase a new stock and want your experienced opinions here.

What style stock or stock shape is preferable when shooting these bigger bore rifles? I plan to order a stock for my 375 Ruger. Not sure if I should go classic, hunter or safari express? As stated, I have shot a .338 Win Mag that's in a Brown Precision stock for the past 17 yrs. with no issues for reference. Any other suggestions than the ones below would also be appreciated. Thanks


Classic stocks I’m considering.


Sako Classic: https://mcmillanusa.com/McMillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-sako-classic/


Winchester Supergrade: https://mcmillanusa.com/McMillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-winchester-supergrade/


Remington Sporter: https://mcmillanusa.com/McMillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-remington-sporter/


Hunter style stocks I’m considering.

McMillan Hunter: https://mcmillanusa.com/McMillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-remington-McMillan-hunter/


Remington BDL: https://mcmillanusa.com/McMillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-remington-bdl/


Weatherby MK V: https://mcmillanusa.com/McMillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-weatherby-mark-v/


Safari/Express stocks I’m considering.

Remington Safari: https://mcmillanusa.com/McMillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-remington-safari-gunstock/


Winchester Express: https://mcmillanusa.com/McMillan-rifle-stocks/hunting-stocks-winchester-win-express/
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.24 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 264
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.34 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 256
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.45 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 287
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.53 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 305
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.12.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.12.01 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 250
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.12.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.12.09 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 242
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.12.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.12.18 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 245
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 9.11.17 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 248
my personal taste is the Winchester supergrade, if it can fit your action.
very little drop at heel for recoil control.
have used that stock a lot and it is very user friendly.
bruce.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,324
Members
169,338
Latest member
ggo88vipto
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top