Stepping back a few years...

Discussion in 'Up To .375' started by sestoppelman, Aug 17, 2019.

1. sestoppelman

sestoppelman AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
    Shot this today and was well pleased with it for the first time out with an untuned rifle. No bedding, barrel not floated. First shot after an eyeball bore sight had me high on the paper, 3 rounds later I was near the bull. Using a handload with H4831 and 162 gr Hornady BT bullets I netted 3 out of five groups at just around 1 MOA. The other two groups had one out per group, me or the load, I don't know, but no far flung unexplained flyers. Shows real potential even with the crappy targets:mad: the RM put out today to see if guys liked them, I said uh, NO:mad:! . Good enough shooter to play with for a while.:D:D:D

2. Firebird

Firebird AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa
    I've also got a .280 but like yours better! The hornady eld-x factory load is sub 1" and I am in the process of working up a load with Nosler's 150 accubond. I bought mine with a synthetic stock to use as a bad weather day rifle.

sestoppelman likes this.

3. Hogpatrol

Hogpatrol AH ENABLER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA
    Hunted:
    RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX
    I like the way you think. (y):) If you have the dies, brass and bullets, might as well get the rifle. No sense letting all that stuff just sit and collect dust.:D

sestoppelman likes this.

4. Ray B

Ray B AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    That's the problem that I have. A friend passed away a few years back and his widow gave a bunch of brass, bullets and a set of dies for a 250 Sav. I almost got one a few years back when Savage chambered the 250 but they discontinued it- so I keep looking for one that speaks to me, but so far they've all been silent.

Hogpatrol likes this.