Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru
There are plenty of companies out there that routinely disappoint us with poor products, poor customer service, and general assclownery.. and we're usually pretty quick to make sure everyone knows when a product fails or a company treats us in less than an exemplary fashion..

I think its equally important to make sure we let people know when a company does something right.. or treats us exceptionally well..

with that said... I've got a HUGE shout out for SpyPoint..

A bit of backstory.. Ive got an old SpyPoint LINK EVO trail cam (manufacture date is 2016 I believe).. I spent a couple of hours screwing with it last night trying to get it ready to deploy, and determined it had likely finally given up the ghost and died on me..

At the time it was made it was one of SpyPoint's top of the line cameras with all of the bells and whistles offered back then (best quality camera, fast speed, great range, good cellular connectivity, etc).. and was a pretty expensive camera (I think they retailed about $230 when it was purchased).. but compared to a typical $80 cellular (basic) 2023 camera, honestly its not much more than "average"..

Anyway.. after fiddling around with the camera for a couple of hours last night and not being able to get it to catch a cell signal or connect to the SpyPoint app, I gave up and just decided it was time to go buy a replacement..

This morning I thought I'd give it one more try and call SpyPoint customer service and see if there was anything they could do for me.. Wait time was a bit long (probably 20 minutes to get a tech on the phone).. but after that it was nothing but 5 star treatment..

The tech was polite, professional, and easy to talk to (understand I am no techie.. we have to dumb camera conversations down to caveman speak).. we walked through several steps of trouble shooting.. none of which solved the problem..

I was planning to just pitch the camera into the trash and head to Scheels this afternoon... I gave it my best, and SpyPoint did all they could to help me..

But then the tech said "can you wait on the line for me for 2 or 3 minutes.. I want to try one more thing to see if I can resolve this"...

about 3 minutes later he came back and told me "I'd like to confirm your address.. are you still living at XXXXXXX?"... I replied "yes".. he then said.. ok.. well.. the bad news is, we discontinued the LINK EVO a few years ago, so I cant send you a replacement in that model.. but... I did just receive approval to send you two Link Micro cameras at no cost to you... these are lessor cameras, but with newer technology, they should do almost everything your EVO did, and do a few things even better... is this ok with you?"...

I was completely blown away... SpyPoint's warranty is not only a "limited" warranty (like most trail cams).. its also just a 2 year warranty.. and my camera was purchased in either late 2016 or early 2017 (cant remember).. they had ZERO obligation to do this.. and certainly didnt need to replace my 1 camera with 2 cameras..

but that is indeed what they did (got the shipping confirmation in email just a few minutes ago)..

Prior to today Ive been pretty indifferent about trail cams.. not loyal to any particular brand.. and not really all that concerned about features honestly.. as long as it will take some sort of a pic and send it to my phone to let me know if its a buck, or a pig, or a raccoon raiding my feeders, Im happy.. I dont care about much else..

I am now a SpyPoint loyalist though..

I already planned on picking up 2 additional cameras for this year to add to the fleet (thought I was going to have to add 3 since I couldnt get the EVO working).. every camera I add from this point forward will be SpyPoints..

That's awesome news, and you can't beat that type of customer service. Good on them. (y) (y)

I was disappointed with Spypoint. I purchased 4 of their Flex Cameras due to the area has no or little cell service. The Flex bounces from ATT,Verizon and TMobile so depending on signal strength it uses the strongest. This solved my problems. Unfortunately the 3G service was discontinued 4 months after purchase so they no longer worked. I tried CS numerous times but hate waiting for 30 minutes or more then gave up. Most of the other manufacturers were prepared for this change over from 3G and had been selling 3G 5G chipsets in their cameras. I am now using a Moultrie Edge system which also has the ability to switch between ATT, Verizon and T Mobile which is working great. I am not saying Spypoint is bad but you would think they would not have been selling units which they knew would not work as 3G was shut down.

Wow, I’m about to buy a couple. I’ll definitely check them out!

This is great, but I still think you should go to Scheel's this afternoon. ;-)

This is great, but I still think you should go to Scheel's this afternoon. ;-)

Already went to Cabelas...

had to get a mineral block...

and additional cameras...

and look at crossbows...

and...

and....

and....

:D

Already went to Cabelas...

had to get a mineral block...

and additional cameras...

and look at crossbows...

and...

and....

and....

:D
Well, must be contagious. I made an unplanned stop at a friend's house after coffee and came home with three rifle scopes. :)

I am glad to hear you’re sold on Spypoint. I too am a loyal Spypoint user. I have been running cell cams since the days of the old 35mm cameras where they would eat up batteries in days and I would have to wait until WallyWorld developed the film only to find I had 24 pics of trophy Bluestem. Been through hundreds of cams from most every brand. They all have issues at some time or another. The customer service at Spypoint is bar none. Currently have 23 of them in the field. Several times I have had issues and their customer service would frequently send me a replacement ASAP with a postage paid box to return my old unit in. No questions asked. AND, the best part is they speak ENGLISH!!! As a bonus, I love their method of picture plans. Many others now follow the same style but Spypoint was the first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevkala

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double