Spypoint has gone mad

I want this dog bad. This camera has been out for months no problems same batteries

Screenshot_20220210-174549.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the problem isnt Spypoint, but rather "Skynet"! Ever think of that?!
;)

Set your sensitivity to low. I also think switching the time in-between photos help. Also hang it a little higher up on a tree
The only respite is when i run out of my quota for the month. It's actually high, I put it up with a ladder to point it downwards. Sensitivity is low.

IMG-20220308-WA0006.jpg

This is a neat guy to be randomly captured. It almost makes up for the 100 or so pictures of air I get. I think it is a Fisher.

Update on my new camera, Bushnell Cellucore, bought in September 2021, died February 2022. Returned it to Bushnell under warranty. My other one is still active.

My camp is a good 1800kms from my home. So, I invested in a couple of Spypoint trail cameras. One of them has started taking pictures every few hours, randomly, an example:

View attachment 448441

Other than the really depressing insight that there isn't a single print in that snow, this photo has no reason for being! I will receive these shots until my monthly limit is reached, and then I wait anxiously for the next installment the following month...grrr.

Anyone else experienced this malfunction? I can't see a branch or something that would trigger it. I can't get up there until the summer to deal with it either! Dang.
I have 5 Spypoint cams. Online you can adjust your camera sensitivity (low, medium, high) and also intervals between shots. One of mine stopped transmitting and I called Spypoint. They had a tech troubleshoot it and ended up replacing it. Now a 2nd is dead and of course the warranty period has expired. Not a fan of Spypoint! Good luck I agree with others here who have commented, if the wind blows branches, leaves, etc it will trigger your camera. Only way to minimize that is to set the sensitivity to low. Hope this helps!

I had Spypoint among my cameras. Too many problems with . Now I use Bushnells and Moultries. Sensitivity always at the lowest. I don't take pictures, only 30 second movies .
I specify that I am in the equatorial forest.

Fascinatingly exciting. Pherose.
Time is patient.
Enjoy!

Insult to injury! What animal left those prints in the foreground that the camera chose not to take a picture of!!
IMG-20220313-WA0001.jpg

FFS

To the casual observer, it might appear that Skypoint has a good concept, but poor technical implementation thereof.

When some clever company markets a trail camera, that will not trigger itself unless the moving object is about the size of a fox or larger AND the contraption has no more options than an ON / OFF switch, I might some day have a closer look at them.
However, since I am the undisputed King of Computer Dummies, I will continue spending my Trail Camera money on beer.

When some clever company markets a trail camera, that will not trigger itself unless the moving object is about the size of a fox or larger AND the contraption has no more options than an ON / OFF switch, I might some day have a closer look at them.
However, since I am the undisputed King of Computer Dummies, I will continue spending my Trail Camera money on beer.
Believe me, having a trail camera makes you drink more.

When you wonder who's eating all the corn the feeder is slinging.
masked_bandits.jpeg

I tried one a friend let me borrow up here to see if I could get a better idea of moose in an area. Nope, not really. And shortly after I took the camera down a beaver took the tree down, so apparently the local wildlife didn't want me repeating that experiment.

After many photos of blowing grass/weeds long ago, I now cut or trample anything standing in the immed vicinity of the cam and then all you typically get are animal photos (and the occasional snowmobiler if gates were left open.)

Ok, now it is taking pictures of phantoms...

For context, this camera is west of Thunder Bay, in an unorganized township, about 100 yards off of a particular forest road in a clearing. So, it's probably not what I think it looks like. It's a ghost for sure.

IMG-20220324-WA0004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois